PDA

View Full Version : Known Problem with MTW graphics, dead link

Aedil
10-10-2004, 20:32
I have this problem with MTW (I think):

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I've noticed that some of the unit graphics are incredibly blocky when zoomed in as far as you can go.
This is from the "Known Problems and Solutions" thread in the Apothecary, however, clicking on the link that follows it just returns a dead link...
Could someone please direct me to the solution, or just give it here! Thanks :). :help:

Lemur
10-10-2004, 20:42
There are quite a few dead links popping up, most distressingly with the guides and how-tos. I've posted a question about it in the Watchtower, concerning the MTW index. Sounds like the problem may be widespread.

Red Harvest
10-10-2004, 20:54
All of the links broken when the forums migrated.

Lemur
10-10-2004, 20:57
Huh. So, um, what do we do about it? I mean, we've got new folk looking to find articles and such, and we're spinning them off into broken link land. Is there any organized effort underway to fix things, you know, re-insert correct links so that Junior Patrons aren't discouraged and frustrated?

Aedil
10-11-2004, 13:33
Well, I think the problem of producing dead links when moving a board is quite understandable. :balloon2:

But what IS the solution to my problem? :help:
Perhaps someone could post at the Apothecary...?

Aedil
10-11-2004, 23:00
Hellooooo??

If this uber-restrictive policy is necessary, you could at least help a poor newb...

Aedil
10-11-2004, 23:08
Eh, this was not really meant insulting ;). ~:cheers:

How can I edit my posts?

lugh
10-12-2004, 16:52
Its kind of frustrating. Especially since the dl-able guides all point to the index thread in the MAin Hall.
There presumably is no solution other than hunting down the threads and posting a new topic.

Aedil
10-12-2004, 18:32
Yes, especially with the apparent unwillingness about DOING something about it (and preventing those most likely needing help from posting in the tech-forum :furious3:

lugh
10-12-2004, 18:48
I think it just got lost in the bemoaning of lost links is all. ~;)

I've noticed that some of the unit graphics are incredibly blocky when zoomed in as far as you can go.
The graphics for the game aren't exceptional. If its more than just the lack of detail, it could be your card.

Aedil
10-12-2004, 19:10
Can't imagine - relatively modern 3d-shooters run smoothly, and there's no lag at all in the game. All other graphics are on their normal level, too (and I know it's supposed to be better, as it runs fine on another computer).

I think it just got lost in the bemoaning of lost links is all.
Perhaps...

Red Harvest
10-12-2004, 20:38
I can't move threads from here. I'm not familiar with the problem you mention, nor its solution.

Perhaps if we had some specs to work with we might get some idea of what to suggest. Right now, I see complaints, but not much info. It's kind of hard to help when all we have to go on is a single line description.