PDA

View Full Version : Whose watching the MLB play-offs?

Devastatin Dave
10-11-2004, 05:49
I'm a big Braves fan and I'm proud of my boys and what they did today against the 'Sros.... that being said...

I hate the Yankees but here is some very tragic news...
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=1898890
How very sad. Its a terrible shame, I have only my heart-felt prayers for the Rivera family. Even though I hate the Yankees, this has really put a different light on the play-offs. So very sad...

JAG
10-11-2004, 08:45
wow that is a shock, though it may help the team I support - Red sox - no way would anyone wish that upon anyone.

Dave, the Braves are so gonna get their asses kicked in game 5 tonight ~D

oh and it is all irrelevant, red sox's year this year - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!! ~D

Devastatin Dave
10-11-2004, 08:52
wow that is a shock, though it may help the team I support - Red sox - no way would anyone wish that upon anyone.

To be honest JAG, I hope the Sox win it all this year. The reason? To beat the Yankees!!! I would love for Atlanta to go all the way, but most of their starters are hurting, Chipper's hand is hurt from that a--hole Zambrano pitch, and JD just isn't hitting. But you gotta give the Bravos some love, they got further than anyone predicted.

But I bet you they beat the Ass-tros tonight!!! If not, I'll buy you a Tavern beer. ~:cheers:

Kraellin
10-11-2004, 21:39
go St. Louis! cardinals are in the national league playoffs! 3 games to 1 against the dodgers :) they may turn out to be the surprise winners this year.

K.

JAG
10-12-2004, 00:23
They have a great batting line up - maybe even better than the Yankee's and Sox, but their pitching is not up to that of the Sox, that is the difference between all the remaining teams I think. To have a pretty much guaranteed coupel of wins in Schilling and Martinez is an awesome weapon to have, what other team can boast that? Remember the same formula - Schilling and Johnson though - won it for Arizona and they did not nearly have the batting depth the Sox have.

Beirut
10-12-2004, 01:37
T'is sad, but baseball is dead in Montreal.

Our beloved Expos, usually an average team, sometimes a great team, are gone. Moved away to somewhere with more money. They played their last home game last week. And now, nothing.

Back in '94, the Expos were #1 and headed right for the World Series, then the strike hit and the season, and our possible penant, died. it was a fix I tells ya!

The real nail in the coffin for the Expos was moving them from outdoor Jarry Park to that disgusting 60,000 seat cement montrosity of a toilet bowl we call the Olympic Stadium. Worst place for baseball in the entire world. If we had kept a small outdoor stadium, about 20,000 max, we would still have our team.

Oh well... :sad2:

Kraellin
10-12-2004, 04:25
whelp, i'm watching the braves/houston game right now. braves are dead. score is 12 to 3 in the 8th. braves are dead.

K.

Devastatin Dave
10-12-2004, 05:03
whelp, i'm watching the braves/houston game right now. braves are dead. score is 12 to 3 in the 8th. braves are dead.

K.

Every year they show great southern hospitality and let the opposing team celebrate on their home turf. How embarracing!!! :embarassed: G_d d*** everyone of those sorry over priced pig ####ers including Bobby Cox!!! Choke,choke, choke!!! UUuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhh!!!! And of course good old Chipper Jones doesn't drive in a SINGLE run in the entire series. He should go back to cheating on his wife with nasty Hooter's sluts, he's better at it. The only Brave that played well was Furcal, and that's only because after the season was over he knew he was going to be a prison bitch. Maybe they Cox should have threatened the whole team with prison if they didn't play with some more heart. Well, I hope Raffy got a pair of titties tatooed on his shoulder blades for his new buddies in the pokey. Sorry, had to vent.

Go Sox....

Beirut
10-12-2004, 12:37
Oh my! :fainting:

"Children... step away from the computer screen and close your eyes."

Hosakawa Tito
10-12-2004, 13:32
Del Arroyo , this language and comment directed toward Dave is uncalled for and will be dealt with ASAP.

JAG
10-12-2004, 16:18
Dave - Chipper Jones is so over rated imo, he is not as good as any other *star*. Now Manny.. Oh Manny! ~D

I think the Braves did well to get as far as they did, their line up is not as good as any of the other play off teams imo, to win - how many 95? - games during regular season play is far more than they probably thought at the start and during the middle of the season anyway, you have to be happy with that.

Goofball
10-12-2004, 17:42
GOOOOOO BOSOX!!!

Kraellin
10-12-2004, 19:48
tell us what you really think, dave. quit holding back ;)

from the little i watched, it looked more like the braves just got out hit than anything else. didnt see too much actual choking, but i was only kind of half watching.

K.

Del Arroyo
10-13-2004, 02:21
:undecided:
[*mutters to self* "shit" is in, f-word out, spouting curses upon cities OK, telling individual to bleep off verböten] Got it!! Thank you for clarifying! :2thumbsup: :yes:

son of spam
10-13-2004, 02:37
Hahahaha!!! The Yankees Are Winning!!!

JAG
10-13-2004, 02:37
Oh dear - top of the fourth and already 6-0 down with Schilling out of the game. :help:

Devastatin Dave
10-13-2004, 03:57
Dave - Chipper Jones is so over rated imo, he is not as good as any other *star*. Now Manny.. Oh Manny! ~D

I think the Braves did well to get as far as they did, their line up is not as good as any of the other play off teams imo, to win - how many 95? - games during regular season play is far more than they probably thought at the start and during the middle of the season anyway, you have to be happy with that.

I agree, thanks. Chipper should learn how to bang the baseball like he bamgs those Hooters waitresses!!!

Devastatin Dave
10-13-2004, 03:58
Man, Curt didn't have it tonight. Come on Sox, destroy the Evil Empire!!!

JAG
10-13-2004, 04:16
8-7!! Come on Sox! Timlin needs some solid outs now so we can get in Foulke. Our bats have gone hot, we can get the 2 needed, come on lads!

Kraellin
10-13-2004, 04:44
ah well, on to game 2. sox lose 10 to 7.

K.

Devastatin Dave
10-13-2004, 04:55
Man that sucked!!! Why didn't they bring in Foulke!?!?! Timlin? You've got to be kidding me!!! BTW Tito, I don't think Del Arroyo directed his post to me, unless there was one I didn't see. Either way, its baseball so trash talk should be allowed I think.

Hey JAG, you have to admit, when the crowd was chanting, "Who's your daddy" that was pretty darn funny!!!

I hope Pedro doesn't let it get into his head. he needs to shut them down tomorrow.

living here near St Louis, everyone is totally convinced that they are a cinch to beat the Ass-tros. I have to agree (even though i hate the Cards) that it will be a an easy series.. Why?
1. Ass-tros starters are warn out from the Braves series and the short rest that Oswalt and Clemans went through. They both pitched 2 games in a 5 game series!!! The bull pen is also sepnt.

2. When the pitching is worn out, the worst team to face is the Cards and the dominant line up they have.

My prediction, Cards in 5. Anyone else have an opinion?

Oh my prediction for the Yanks and BoSox... Sox in 6.

Teutonic Knight
10-13-2004, 19:32
oh and it is all irrelevant, red sox's year this year - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!

*raises hand like silly heathen* I BELIEVE!! I BELIEVE!! AAAAMMEENNN!!!!

GOOOOOOOOO BOSOX!!!

Damn they fought like wildcats and I thought for sure they would come back in the 9th but it just didn't happen. We'll get those damned Yankees tonight!

Spino
10-13-2004, 22:58
The Sox will die... slowly... And in keeping with tradition will go down with a great deal of pain and anguish...

Babe Ruth ~:eek:

Bucky 'F'ing' Dent :dizzy2:

Bill Buckner ~:shock:

Aaron Boone... AARON 'F'ING' BOONE?!? ~:confused:

THE CURSE LIVES ON!!! YANKEES IN 2004!!! ~:joker: :evilgrin: :devilish:

Lehesu
10-14-2004, 00:22
God I hate the Yankees.

Kraellin
10-14-2004, 05:05
hehe, cards won game 1, 10 to 6. good game. i tend to believe cards will also win it in 5. houston and cards are both good hitting teams, but the cards have the better bullpen, and i think that's where it's going to be won.

K.

Devastatin Dave
10-14-2004, 05:24
Another bad night for the Sox, oh well.... Take care everyone in whatever life brings you!!! never forget the Devastation of Daveinkorea!!!! ~:cheers:

Teutonic Knight
10-14-2004, 14:57
Let's see that album cover!

son of spam
10-17-2004, 04:16
Hahaha!! The Yankees Are Winning Again!!

Go Yankees!

Kraellin
10-17-2004, 15:48
oh my! that was embarrassing. i turned it off at 17 to 6 in favor of the yankees.

K.

son of spam
10-17-2004, 15:55
Heehee, would be great to see when the Yankees sweep the series on sunday.

Teutonic Knight
10-18-2004, 15:21
YES! The Sox hold for a win in the 12th inning through a home run by David Ortiz!!!

WE STILL BELIEVE!!! :charge:

wow... I think that was one of the best baseball games I have ever watched... ever...

son of spam
10-19-2004, 02:19
Aw...too bad there wasn't a sweep. Doesn't matter, Sox are still gonna lose!

Teutonic Knight
10-19-2004, 03:44
14th inning baby! We gonna wear those damn Yankees out!

Thoros of Myr
10-19-2004, 09:46
Nice win Sox! makin a comeback! beat those damn yanks :)

Teutonic Knight
10-19-2004, 13:57
One game at a time, now we just have to win twice in Yankee stadium, that shouldn't be hard.....right? :anxious:

JAG
10-19-2004, 16:35
Tk - we are in the identicle situation as last year... But we have a Schilling with a point to prove tonight and a Yankee ballpen failing as well as Rivera. I still believe.

Teutonic Knight
10-19-2004, 18:10
Tk - we are in the identicle situation as last year... But we have a Schilling with a point to prove tonight and a Yankee bullpen failing as well as Rivera. I still believe.

That's right, if Schilling can't do it nobody can. Even if we lose the series hopefully we can drag it out till Wednsday, and then the Yankee pitching will be tired out, so the NL champ can finish them off....

I STILL BELIEVE!!! :charge:

Oh man, you've gotta get over here and see one of these games. My cousin has been at every ALCS game at Fenway and he says it's quite an experience.

Thoros of Myr
10-19-2004, 18:28
Ah Schilling...good luck to him..I was sad when he left us...there is one other person that could do it...the big Johnson himself :)

Kraellin
10-19-2004, 19:49
an interesting series all around. houston has now come back from a 2 - 0 defiicit to lead the series 3 - 2. could be the year of the upsets.

K.

TheSilverKnight
10-20-2004, 01:16

Yeah go Red Sox!! I BELIEVE JAG!!! ~D

son of spam
10-20-2004, 02:41
Noooooo...Boston is up 4-0

Thoros of Myr
10-20-2004, 05:19
Woohoo Sox!! First team in history to come back from 0-3 to force game 7! Schilling was a warrior...legendary performance.

A. Rod...heh, caught red handed. Good offciating to call that fiasco back.

JAG
10-20-2004, 12:19
What can I say - it is going to be our year. Far from a sweep, we get to see the Yankees weep! ~D

Goofball
10-20-2004, 17:13
Man, did I ever love it when they called ARod out and brought Jeter back to first. In the replays it was such a blatant intentional "swat" I can't believe he even had the guts to argue with the ump about it. Kudos to the umpire staff for making the right call without the benefit of a replay...

Teutonic Knight
10-20-2004, 17:28
Man, did I ever love it when they called ARod out and brought Jeter back to first. In the replays it was such a blatant intentional "swat" I can't believe he even had the guts to argue with the ump about it. Kudos to the umpire staff for making the right call without the benefit of a replay...

amen, I hope they do that with controvertial calls more often. I was totally in awe at Schilling's performance, truly legendary. Tonight's the big game...

All together now!

WE BELIEVE!!! :charge:

Kraellin
10-20-2004, 20:54
what an amazing display by the red sox and the umpire crew and what a major disappointment in the yankee trying to cheat to win, and the yankee crowd gets the poor sportsmanship award of the year for their embarrassing conduct after both reversed calls by the umpires. just appalling that riot police had to take the field in a major league baseball game.

K.

Kongamato
10-21-2004, 04:23
Boston's 8-1 lead going into the 7th has now been cut to 8-3 due to an unbelievably crazy, impetuous, and psychotic decision. I can't believe the announcers don't know what's going on here. Pedro Martinez has come in as a reliever when it appears he does not have to. Derek Lowe might have had another inning in him, other relievers were available, and Pedro's arm could be too tired to use in the World Series should they win this game. It's clear to me that Pedro wants to be the one to beat the Yankees and get the last laugh, and the Sox's managing is indulging him. The curse will punish them for this. Of course, should Boston actually lose, their mystique will increase tenfold. Nobody would ever underestimate the power of the curse again.

Kraellin
10-21-2004, 05:13
and the sox win it! amazing! first time ever that a baseball team has come back from 3 game to 0 and won a post season series. absolutely amazing.

and the cards/houston game was won by the cards tonight, putting that series to game 7. what started out as a pretty ho-hum series has turned into one of the best i've ever watched.

K.

JAG
10-21-2004, 05:19
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

I just stayed up all night - 5.15 am now - have college in 3 hours time, but I don't care - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we not only beat them, WE CREAMED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoros of Myr
10-21-2004, 13:44
The curse is BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teutonic Knight
10-21-2004, 15:32
OMG!!! They won!!

This is unbelievable!!!

GO SOX GO SOX GO SOX GO SOX!

On to the world series, don't party too hard Pedro!

Man did you see what Pedro was doing after things started going sour in the 8th? Damn he cranked it up, he was lookin' like old pedro, you could actually hear the ball whizzing through the air at 99 mph ~:eek:

Man it should be interesting tonight, I'm rooting for the Astros because I think the Sox have a better chance with them.

wow....what a night, there's partying by Red Sox nation all over the country, and I think I'll go join my neighbors tonight for a little Sox party! ~:cheers:

JAG
10-21-2004, 16:50
I have had a dumb smile on my face all day, it has been great. The satisfaction and just sheer happyness of the Red sox at last putting one over the Yankees, is just ... ah.

I woke my mum up with my celebrations at 5 am when it finished, she wasn't too impressed. ~D

Crazed Rabbit
10-21-2004, 17:18
GO RED SOOOOOOOOOXXXXX!!!

Teutonic Knight
10-21-2004, 22:03
I have had a dumb smile on my face all day, it has been great. The satisfaction and just sheer happyness of the Red sox at last putting one over the Yankees, is just ... ah.

I woke my mum up with my celebrations at 5 am when it finished, she wasn't too impressed. ~D

Yeah me too, I think this is probably the only thing I can be in total absolute agreement with you JAG. ~D

Well, off to the neighborhood Red Sox party ~:cheers: (everyone on the street is a Bosox fan.....well, almost everyone...)

Hosakawa Tito
10-22-2004, 01:45
The curse is BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it's not broken till they win the World Series, but they got their biggest nemesis out of the way, and did it in style. Both division series have been great, hopefully the World Series will be too.

Kraellin
10-22-2004, 04:17
and st. louis is goin to the Series!!! go CARDS!!!

K.

Thoros of Myr
10-27-2004, 22:23
The red birds are looking like dead birds :)

Teutonic Knight
10-28-2004, 15:20
OMG!!!!!! It's a 4-0 sweep!

THE CURSE IS BROKEN!!!! IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE RED SOX NATION!!!!

We believed for all these years (not that many for me ~;) ) and now finally the curse is broken.... 86 years of waiting......

I'll bet JAG stayed up all night again ~D

Sasaki Kojiro
10-28-2004, 16:28
Man people here went crazy...rioting, making bonfires in the street, flipping cars... ~:eek:

Teutonic Knight
10-28-2004, 16:50
Well we had a pretty sweet party in the street here. We shut the road down and partied till the wee hours of the mornin' in the middle of the street. We didn't get that wild though.... :inquisitive:

Kraellin
10-28-2004, 17:57
wow! that's gotta be a record... 8 straight games to win the series, the last 4 of 7 to win the penant (which is a record in itself) and then the first 4 of the series.

i wonder when the cardinals are going to show up to play the series. lol.

K.

Ichiro1234
10-28-2004, 21:34
Man people here went crazy...rioting, making bonfires in the street, flipping cars... ~:eek:

try seeing how it was in boston! Woot im going to the parade saturday!!! that should be ummmmmmm crazy ~D

Sasaki Kojiro
10-28-2004, 22:11
Well I'm in Massachusetts...maybe I should update my profile.

Ichiro1234
10-29-2004, 01:35
oh ok lol. :bulb: The sox won. i got a great idea LETS RIOT!!!!! ~D ~D ~D

JAG
10-29-2004, 02:28
I did indeed stay up every single game, and I was just amazed at how well the Sox played and how easy they made it seem to lift the curse. IT IS NO MORE! :D

You would be surprised at the love for the Sox over here, I think at least 50% of all baseball Supporters, support the Sox here. Maybe we just love a hard case story eh? ~D

Roll on next year, I am a huge Pedro supporter, the 5 years I have been watching baseball and supporting the Sox, he for me, has just been da man. I hope we can pay him enough to keep him.