PDA

View Full Version : reputation

Mr. taxi
10-11-2004, 12:39
How important is it to keep your word? It probably affects your reputation if you ally yourself with someone only to attack 1 turn later.

In the new brutii campaign I started I'm about to attack thermon but before I did that I went and send a diplomat. I then asked 1000 cash or else I'd attack.

They offer me the following:

About 5000 cash
alliance
trade rights
map

And that just for me not attacking!!

After bargaining I could get it up to:

about 3000 cash
alliance
trade rights
map
THERMON!!

only for not attacking.

Of course I accepted only to block syracuse 1 turn after that (senate asked me to). The advisor warns me and says my reputation will take a hit. How bad is this for the rest of your game??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another quick question.

Another game I sent a diplomat to the scipii faction and asked for a few 1000. I got 1250 for 3 turns (beginning of the game) If I'd attack the greek.
I accept and begin my siege on the town. waiting 1 turn because I needed a battering ram.

Later on I once again ask money and in return I'd attack another enemy of theirs and they decline and say: We're not confident even one of your soldiers will set foot on macedonion ground.

Does this mean that when you offer an attack that attack has to be on the same turn? Or did the scipii didn't have the cash?

Zatoichi
10-11-2004, 13:16
I was wondering about that too. My current situation is that the Senate have asked me to make Dacia a protectorate (or they'll reveal my secret - whatever that may be...) - the thing being I have a trade agreement with Dacia, I'm not at war with them, but the Senate and Bruti are - so in order to get them to be a protectorate, I first have to declare war on Dacia. So, will this hit my reputation like Mr Taxi was wondering? Or does it only matter if you were allies, not just neutral with a trade agreement?

Anyone out there got the skinny on this?

:help:

Sleepy
10-11-2004, 13:23
My rep is awful, no body will deal with me. I can set up trade rights with others but thats it. If I other any ting else they just insult me. So your rep is worth saving if you can.