PDA

View Full Version : Gate of death

Hannibal_Barkar
10-11-2004, 13:23
The gate of death- a new way to defend your town - leave the gate open.

I just fought a battle on VH/H using the kill speed mod /movement speed mod.

Had three hastati units defend Messana vs a full stack of Carthaginians. The gate was already smashed in prior to the battle. Town had stone walls. The Carthaginians stormed the gate and the whole army got totally devasted by the hot oil being being poured from teh gate. I mean it killed a full stack including 12 elephants , being blocked by 1 hastati unit. ! Minimal losses to my hastati blocking the way.

I wonder if this is mod related or did anybody in reg version experience something similar ?

H

Turbo
10-11-2004, 13:30
The gate of death- a new way to defend your town - leave the gate open.

I just fought a battle on VH/H using the kill speed mod /movement speed mod.

Had three hastati units defend Messana vs a full stack of Carthaginians. The gate was already smashed in prior to the battle. Town had stone walls. The Carthaginians stormed the gate and the whole army got totally devasted by the hot oil being being poured from teh gate. I mean it killed a full stack including 12 elephants , being blocked by 1 hastati unit. ! Minimal losses to my hastati blocking the way.

I wonder if this is mod related or did anybody in reg version experience something similar ?

H

This is just one of several problems that exist with stone walls. The others include units falling off the walls, the AI "dance of death" in front of the walls while getting missiled to death, siege engines that dump their passengers off of walls, ladders that never appear, etc. etc.