PDA

View Full Version : temple of Mars: anger vices...

Slaists
10-15-2004, 16:00
don't make the mistake i made playing brutii: building the mars line of temples in your capital... sure, you get +3 experience troops but the cost is you having all the generals that pop in the capital having the anger/madness line of vices with bad influence, management, and command consequences... rather, build it in some province that you can keep running without a governor. Just drop in a governor with unit producing discount traits in to que up units from time to time and take him out right after... Julii have a similar detrimental effect with their Bachus line of temples. But they do not need Bachus for producing troops.

Turbo
10-15-2004, 16:06
don't do the mistake i did playing brutii: building the mars line of temples in your capital... sure, you get +3 experience troops but the cost is you having all the generals that pop in the capital having the anger/madness line of vices with bad influence, management, and command consequences... rather, build it in some province that you can keep running without a governor. Just drop in a governor with unit producing discount traits in to que up units from time to time and take him out right after... Julii have a similar detrimental effect with their Bachus line of temples. But they do not need Bachus for producing troops.

Thats nicely done. You have to balance the advantage versus the disadvantage.

Dorkus
10-15-2004, 16:19
mars gives you the lively characteristc with higher probability (15%) than anger (10%).

Anger only affects influence, and up to a max 2. Lively grants up to +3 management, up to 20% descrease in construction costs, and up to 10% higher movement.

I'd say the tradeoff is well worth it. Especially since mars also causes bloody, which adds +1 to command at the first two levels (but reduces command and morale at the third level).

If you really want to avoid anger, you can always just move your gov in and out of the city. if a gov does not have 100% movement points, trait probabilities do not come into play at all.

But imo, mars does a lot more good than harm.