PDA

View Full Version : Bribing non-rebel cities: how to?

Slaists
10-19-2004, 22:03
How do you bribe a non-rebel city? If my diplomat approaches one, all he gets in the parchment choices is the usual diplomacy choices: nothing about bribing... :(

solypsist
10-19-2004, 22:07
you only get a price when you have the money on hand to accept their offer. if you don't have enough in the bank, you get the straight denial without the option to see how much it would've cost.

Doug-Thompson
10-19-2004, 22:08
Also, you can't bribe a city that has a faction leader in it or would be the faction's last city. I don't think you can bribe the owner of the capital, either.

Lord_Winter
10-19-2004, 22:10
The bribing option appears when you have roughtly enought money or more then the bribing would cost...

Therfore you rarely get this option on cities in the begining of the game since cities frequently charge 30-40k... for large cities...

Slaists
10-19-2004, 22:26
ah, ok, that explains it... i never have more than 40k in the bank playing as julii (spent all the cash i had gathered selling maps to buy a couple useless aliances with military access: now, i'm paying for it, since i have to take over all of spain using spies + assassins combos that make their cities revolt. of course, i could have just broken the aliance as well...)