PDA

View Full Version : Sync issues still present

d6veteran
10-22-2004, 18:31
I thought the patch fixed the sync issues but I've discovered that the sync issues are now just more subtle.

Last night I have 2 of 3 games get out of sync and this was 1v1. Bummer. I played with a friend on TeamSpeak and so we were able to chat live about events in our battle and when you're talking live it is easier to tell that things are going out of sync.

Is everyone else still seeing this?

CBR
10-22-2004, 18:34
Yes the problem is still there. I have experienced it myself but as Im not very active online right now I dont know often it happens.

CBR

Krypta
10-22-2004, 19:17
Yes the sync issues are still there. I think the experience CB is talking about , was an epic battle against me. On my end, I completely slaughtered CB, runnin away with an unprecedented 1000 kills, CB a mere fraction of that and his arm packing their bags and leaving the battlefield as per usual. We were on TS and he relayed to me that no in fact he had actually won ~:confused: ??? Now, normally this is the point where I would say to CB,"cb, ya ya, right, right..", however, we checked the replay and the battle that both of us watched was completely different then the one that had just occurred, with CB narrowly and I mean NARROWLY claiming victory. Strange you ask, yes very, as it is well known that the house of Mizu has always struggled against house of Shingen. I must point out though-the replay came from CB's computer-so you be the judge. ~;)

d6veteran
10-22-2004, 19:18
Now I'm pissed all over again at CA. I posted on my clan site that |1.RD|Veritas and I found some sync problems last night and now more guys from my clan are refusing to play (online) until the issue is fixed. Argggh!

I don't blame them ... it just reinforces what a piece of crap the MP is. I mean it shipped with what, 3-4 bugs that could be easily considered 'showstoppers' (to use an industry term)? ~:eek:

Really frustrating. Not sure what the CA dev team is doing right now but they should be busting their butts on fixes for the sync, memory leak and control bugs (no response to orders and grouping problems). I did pre-order this game at $50.

I'd have preferred they just released the MP as a polished expansion or patch later.

It feels like a slap in the face to have played battles online only to realize that you aren't really playing the same game with the other players.

Sorry, end rant!

Krypta
10-22-2004, 19:34
army not arm :dizzy2: lol

CBR
10-22-2004, 19:48
Lol. Yeah it was pretty annoying your pc had to go out of sync so you didnt see the real battle ~D

CBR

Puzz3D
10-23-2004, 03:54
No sync issues in STWmod for MTW. Shingens got to see the real outcomes that night, and the replays work as well so they can see them again and again. ~:)

ElmarkOFear
10-23-2004, 06:40
LOL I forgot about the Shingen/Mizu wars! :duel:

All I know is I NEVER lost to any of you guys . . . See Alzheimers DOES have its advantages! :dizzy2:

AMP
10-23-2004, 07:40
seems to happen when i try and chat in game. two games went out of sync where i typed abit and when i don't chat in game it stays in sync... so far anyway. i have a hard enough time dealing with the controls, balance, failing to connect to games, people dropping, and those peeps that love to bring arty when the game says 'no arty'.