PDA

View Full Version : Shift key?

Oaty
10-22-2004, 19:26
You that good old wonderful shift key command on the battlefield. Well when there is a mob of guys in a mess all intermangle it is sometimes impossible to target that unit and for me the shift key does'nt work. It would be nice to have that option back.

It still does work for waypoints though

HopAlongBunny
10-22-2004, 20:42
Actually the yellow box still exists for rounding up an unruly group and pointing it in the right direction. Beats "pausing" and selecting/sorting the mess ~:)

solypsist
10-22-2004, 20:47
i thought it was the crtl key (which works) that's handy for selecting muliple units from the control panel.

RedKnight
10-23-2004, 01:38
Oaty I'm embarrassed to say but I've forgotten what holding down Shift does when selecting units on the field in MTW. Remind me?

Oaty
10-23-2004, 08:49
Oaty I'm embarrassed to say but I've forgotten what holding down Shift does when selecting units on the field in MTW. Remind me?

It makes your units unselectable.

So when you already have a unit selected the mouse over wo'nt show a thing.

Where the problen is when I have a unit scrunched on 3 sides it can take forever to get the sword over that unit even when they have 50 or more men and al I wanna do is close the gap in the rear. and charge the cavalry in to finish it. If I do'nt select to attack them and just run them in the mess the cavary will just knock a bunch of guys down. And when that happens there is no room for them to get up and all your guys run around like brainless monkies and it can take minutes for the enemy to get back up.

A bit annoying the enemey wo'nt play dead and it is so crowded they ca'nt stand back up, kinda funny though only happens occasionally