PDA

View Full Version : Any actual events in Onimusha

Jubei Kibagami
03-25-2001, 23:04
Hey all,

In the game Onimusha for PSX2, is there any real events that happened? Was it a story that Nobunaga made a pact with the demons? Was Samanosuke real? Or is this like the movie Titanic. Where the events took place but Jack and Rose was just a story?

------------------

Minagawa Daimon
03-26-2001, 10:12
lol, im playing the onimusha game right now and i think im in the middle of the game already, as for historical accuracy, the only thing i can point out is that Nobunaga did attack Imagawa in a surprise attack that caught Imagawa unprepared that Oda clan was attacking with a handful of warriors compared to the one that Imagawa clan has and to deal them a total defeat was the battle that made Oda a name to be reckoned with during the Sengoku Jidai, also if my memory serve me correctly Imagawa was kiled in that battle because he didnt wear his armor that time because he feels that he has the victory in his hands due to numerical superiority alone,thus a spear run him through, but unlike in the game onimusha, nobunaga didnt get an arrow in the neck when he was winning, he comitted seppuku when one of his generals turnded on him who was named Mitsuhide Akechi, the uncle of Samonoske in the game Onimusha, hope this hels you out.tell me howd you like the game?

Zen Blade
03-26-2001, 11:13
jubei,

I haven't played the game, but...

the idea of Nobunaga being other-worldly or associated with darkness/demons/evil...

This is a very common idea b/c of his ruthlessness and success in dealing with and vanquishing his opponents.
If you have specific questions, we can probably give better replies.

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG