PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bribing

TCon88
10-27-2004, 14:25
I got a question about bribing armies for ya. In MTW when i bribed an army it joined my forces to be under my commande, but in RTW when i bribe an army it just disperses(sp?) into the land and returns home. Why am i not able to do with these armies the same thing that i did in MTW? Is there anyone way for me to change this?
Sorry if its been asked before but i coudlnt find it.

Morat
10-27-2004, 14:48
I got a question about bribing armies for ya. In MTW when i bribed an army it joined my forces to be under my commande, but in RTW when i bribe an army it just disperses(sp?) into the land and returns home. Why am i not able to do with these armies the same thing that i did in MTW? Is there anyone way for me to change this?
Sorry if its been asked before but i coudlnt find it.You can only keep armies you could train yourself. The only non-faction units you can have are mercenaries.

As for modding, I've seen a few mooted, and they are certainly possible, just quite a lot of work.

TinCow
10-27-2004, 15:02
Exactly right. When you bribe an army, you will keep any Generals in the stack along with any units that are of the same type you can build. Anything which is of a mercenary type or from another faction will disband.

qmark
10-27-2004, 15:03
Yep, the above post is spot on. If you could build the units yourself, you can keep them when you bribe them.

You'll find when you bribe some armies you'll be able to keep some whilst other units vanish. Not sure it makes sense myself. You could maybe say that with a fellow Roman army that includes mercs, those mercs would want paid to join your faction the same as they were paid to join the original faction.

Again, not sure it makes sense myself.

Mori Gabriel Syme
10-27-2004, 17:54
In an era in which many armies were raised for a campaign, rather than being a standing army, the enemy's men might be willing to take your money to leave you alone & go back home, but they wouldn't necessarily want to join you & fight for your nation, especially against their own. A general who accepted such a bribe probably wouldn't want to show his face at home again, though.

Historically bribes were paid for relief to attacking armies. If you wanted extra troops, you had to hire your own mercenaries.