PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a game, a little help?

lugh
10-27-2004, 16:48
OK, its a game my bro says he played a load online when he was in Australia. Of course now he cant remember the name. Weve both looked around the stores but nothing has caught his eye so Im hoping someone here will recognise it.

It featured modern warfare stuff from the last century. From WWII up to the mid nineties. (heh, he was there during the Gulf War, the cafe owner had the teams set up as Coalition and Iraqi forces with the Iragqis with substandard gear some of the time) Instead of you just being able to use everything, you had to pick a speciality, sniper, special ops etc.
He says the graphics were pretty good so it must be a recent enough game.

Any ideas?

Sjakihata
10-27-2004, 17:27
please explain some more about the game, please, as I have no idea at the moment.

ChaosLord
10-27-2004, 17:59
Perhaps it was Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat mod installed? Maybe with a few other mods to fill in spaces between WW2 and the 90s? Check www.planetbattlefield.com for descriptions of BF1942 and the various mods available for it. I can't remember any game that covers so wide a scope except with mods, and your description of the classes your brother had to choose would fit BF1942.

lugh
10-27-2004, 18:56
That looks like its it. Im pretty sure but I emailed him the link.
He said the Americans (when he was playing) had Abrams and A10s and stuff so this looks like the one.

Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll have to track down a second hand version or something, I definetley never saw this in the stores (but PC gaming is pretty minor in Ireland anyway)

Again thanks loads!