PDA

View Full Version : Beware the ponds near the dead sea

afrit
10-28-2004, 00:55
Has anyone else run into this?

I was fighting the Egyptians east of Jerusalem, next to the Jordan river. There were several ponds of water next to the river, and some of my cataphracts walked into them and drowned! I lost my only Onager and 40 of 50 phracts that way Ugh!.

Another problem:

I also could not cross the river to get to the Egyptians on the east bank. There was clearly a fordable part which was lighter in color, but none of my horses would cross. I did not have any infantry to cross with (all cav army). Result: Close defeat since I could not rout the enemy. Too bad I lost my Onagers in the pond, as they would have nailed him.

I would be angry if it were not for the fact that Egypt is crumbling against the assault of my Parthians and their Seleucid allies.

Afrit

Sin Qua Non
10-28-2004, 01:19
I've also seen little anomalies like this. In the Brutii section of Italy, just north of Tarentum, there is a section of road that runs underwater, although it must be classified as water because units can't be ordered there. These problems may be fixable by editing the topographic data file that makes up the rwm map file, who's name escapes me.

bmolsson
10-28-2004, 02:34
Can't we just teach them how to swim ?? ~;)

Postino
10-28-2004, 02:44
horses know how to swim...its just that cataphract armor!