PDA

View Full Version : Arg on this new Google search engine!

RedKnight
10-30-2004, 05:11
I haven't been here for a week - I can't find the old Search button, only some new Google thing. It doesn't let you search on e.g. who started threads etc. Where is the old search button, am I missing it?

TheDuck
10-30-2004, 05:22
I haven't been here for a week - I can't find the old Search button, only some new Google thing. It doesn't let you search on e.g. who started threads etc. Where is the old search button, am I missing it?

It seems to be disabled.. and the new Google search works with names, but does not include all the threads yet.. bah.

therother
10-30-2004, 05:58
Take a look at this (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=615848&postcount=20).

RedKnight
10-30-2004, 06:09
thanks, therother! I know from personal experience that Tosa's great - so it's good to hear him saying that the Google search isn't permanent. (I tried to find what thread and forum he posted that message in, but couldn't, using the Google search! lol)

I thought you were taking some time off? I took the last week off. Great to see you! ~:cheers:

therother
10-30-2004, 06:25
I thought you were taking some time off? I took the last week off. Great to see you! ~:cheers:Thanks. Technically, yes I am. I haven't posted anything of worth, in terms of game research, for the past week or two. I haven't even started the game.

I've been keeping an eye out for interesting threads when I have a spare moment, plus I'm making judicious use of the thread subscription option.

Veering tangentially, what do you think of the idea of a dedicated research forum? Tamur has started a thread over at the Watchtower (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=38757). I'm sure we'd like to hear your opinions, yea or nay.

sapi
10-30-2004, 06:30
A research forum would be great. Many forums are swithcing to google and outside forum search engines as the conventional in forum engines put too much strain on the server, and can cause forum craches.