PDA

View Full Version : Questions...

ShaiHulud
11-04-2000, 10:27
When Autumn harvests comes in, and I have a poor one, is it a general poor harvest, that all Clans suffer? Or is it just my personal harvest?
Is rank , among Taisho, determined solely by the number of battles they won vs lost?
When the Daimyo's 11 hvy cav get honor boosts, is it diluted by the automatic new recruitments?
If Heavy Cav are vulnerable to arrows, muskets, and spear-wielding infantry and cav units, why should they be favored over ordinary Yari Cavalry units?
I've read, in some strategy areas, that Owari has but one bridge, but I've always found two there. Is this a glitch?
Many thx, in advance, for your replies!

------------------
Wind fells blossoms, rain
fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

Didz
11-04-2000, 15:42
Shaihulud:

Autumn harvests: Not sure on this one but I think harvest results are different for each clan. So the fact that you have a poor one does not mean your neighbour isn't wallowing in Koku.

Taisho Rank: Yes! Rank is based upon the number of battles won v lost. This includes battles where the enemy withdrew without a fight and castle battles. (one reason why it's worth attacking castles rather than letting them starve to death.)

Diamyo Cavalry Honor: I've never noticed but I suppose it must as the unit honour is a reflection of the average honour of the warriors in the unit.

Yari Cav v Heavy Cavalry:

Attack Factor YC 2 HC 2
Defence Factor YC 3 HC 6
Armour YC 3 HC 5
Morale Bonus YC 2 HC 4
Walk Speed YC 10 HC 8
Run Speed YC 24 HC 20

So generally Heavy Cavalry benefit from better armour and are less likely to run but pay for this by being slightly slower than their Yari counterparts.

Personally, I stick to Yari Cavalry.

Owari: Does have two bridges. I think the some game notes are slightly inaccurate.

Hope this helps.

OUT4BLOOD
11-04-2000, 17:52
Nah hvy cav all the time baby!!!!!

u need to know exeactly how 2 use yari in m/p
or they will jst run and affect the rest of the armies morale

but hvy cav can stand up 2 warrior monks!

ShaiHulud
11-04-2000, 23:30
Didz, Blood...again, many thx!
Re: Hvy Cav, I've had great success with Yari Cav and found uses for Archer Cav but I must be mis-using the Heavies, cuz I most often get them slaughtered for little gain.

Re: Harvests, yah, I was afraid of that! LoL

One other thing I've noted is that when I save game it wipes out any assignments given to emissaries or ninja. Probly would be true with Geisha, too, but I've only had them once and didn't notice.

------------------
Wind fells blossoms, rain
fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

solypsist
11-05-2000, 00:33
i just wish you could combine your bodyguard cav (which never gets replenished) with your other heavy cav.

Anssi Hakkinen
11-05-2000, 01:15
Quote One other thing I've noted is that when I save game it wipes out any assignments given to emissaries or ninja. Probly would be true with Geisha, too, but I've only had them once and didn't notice.[/QUOTE]Actually, it does this every time the game has to stop to load the main menu, or possibly even just the throne room. This is a Death Star -sized bug, and it wasn't fixed in 1.11! Maybe we should tell them it exists, so it would make it to the next patch at least. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"The ancient rule declares that letters are the left hand and militarism the right. Neither must be neglected."
- Hôjô Sôun

The Black Ship
11-05-2000, 02:15
Too bad Question time 2 is closed already http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif

Erado, Kurando, anybody with some pull... Think we could get this added?

It was only Monday after all that Erado closed his poll http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/drowned/tank.gif

clairobscur
11-05-2000, 02:28
Solypist : I don't understtand your post : the personnal guard of my daymio has always been replenished....

Rob
11-05-2000, 04:42
Sometimes my Daimyo's Hatamoto (bodyguard) does not get replenished, at least not immediately. Perhaps you have to move the Daimyo to a province with a castle or something like that?

Nelson
11-05-2000, 13:28
I have never known hatamotos to go unreplenished unless they are besieged.