PDA

View Full Version : oooooops!!!!! bribe bug

Oaty
10-31-2004, 12:54
I do'nt know whats gonna happen with this but heres the story.

Since the only way to tell there are rebels on the map is to look for big scorch marks or build mass watch towes. So I use the watch towers in mass method.

Well anyways when I'm campaigning I campaign with 2 generals ones a conqueror and one is a watchtowerbuilder until the old bastard get's close to retirement and hands his retinue over to the builder to take his place. So I have a general out building watchtowers as the Brutii and the Pontus come along and bribe him. No big deal I train a diplomat to take him back so I can have him prove his worth against 2000 Pontus troops. If he lives he is a true Roman. The diplomat is trained and I right click on the guy. The damm Pontus made him a faction heir. Whats worse is he is also my faction's heir. I'm attempted to suicide my faction leader just to see the results.

Kind of wondering about the possible outcomes. If I kill the Pontus faction leader will I get there army and lands. Or will this faction heir lay claims to my land and cause chaos. I wonder if this is a bug or a feature when bribing generals. As there has been no reports of sharing faction heirs that I know of, it makes me wonder. Then again I'm guessing not too many people out there have a lone general that is vulnerable to a bribe.

Well anyways rebels make this game too easy. rebels show up everywhere, watchtowers show rebels and also show an incoming army up to 6 turns in advance to prepare more troops or evacuate. If it were'nt for rebels I would'nt be so keen on having the fog of war lifted via watchtowers. So hopefully the game is made to show red dots(or somehow similar to show rebels) everywhere there are rebels otherwise I will be a watchtower building fool that not only lets me see a rebel army when they showup but also often lets me see an advancing army coming and possibly up to 6 turns in advance. Surprise attacks on a city never happens because I see it coming well in advance. And what's the problem risking 1 of 15 family members to see what's coming. Also what did Pontus pay 5K for him. Have him you bastard's now I know where my true loyalty lies.

The other thing is bribes are too easy unless that is historically accurate it seems anything is bribable if the price is right. Historically the suspicious armies would always get the position of the center. If they did change there loyalties they'd have the origanal army pressing them from the front that did not potentially know where there true loyalties lay. and there own army pressing them in the back causing them to get massacred and this minimized betrayal and forced these unloyal armies to fight for the side that they hired by.

So historically I'm wondering what the success of bribes were. As far as this game goes I have'nt seen anything unbribable except for capitals, leaders and heirs. I do'nt see every army acepting a bribe even in MTW you ran into unbribable armies. Of course rebel armies should have about a 90 percent success rate. But faction armies seem too easily to be bribed.

Sin Qua Non
10-31-2004, 17:50
It seems the deciding factor for bribe success in MTW was the loyalty rating of the general. RTW has no loyalty rating, which I kind of miss. All generals are equally loyal to the faction, barring V&V's.

Now that I think of it, why don't we have loyalty? The threat of civil war, especially with the more comprehensive family structure would be a welcome addition. Plus it may solve that bribing problem.

Oaty, did you make a save of that game? CA might want to see that, or it may just be fun to have. I want to know what happens when you kill your leader. Which successor the computer chooses might be interesting...

Vlad Tzepes
10-31-2004, 19:23
How did it continue? Oh, what a great story... loyalties at stake, an empire to share, all the history depending on one man... Well, if it is a bug, it's one that makes the game so much more interesting. So how did it continue?