PDA

View Full Version : Economy Trouble.

Shottie
10-31-2004, 23:37
Im having trouble in all of my campaigns. I have a good economy, good income, but I cant seem to have all of my cities with a positve income. I would have 1 or more cities with a negative income. What am I doing wrong? I try to get a govenor with good managment in there but that rarely helps. I cant expand very much due to my lack of money because of these cities. I read the Economic Guide but that didnt help me very much.

BDC
10-31-2004, 23:55
It's just because they have a huge population - so they pay a larger proportion of the upkeep for your armies. They are probably still making loads of money.

Razor1952
11-01-2004, 00:22
Yes I found this confusing, you have to look at your settlement details to figure out what is going on, but broadly as said above the main reason for a "loss" is that this settlement has a large population and hence gets allocated a large proportion of your armies upkeep.

As a corollary the campaign map income indicators are downright misleading IMHO , they should reflect that that place is doing well not that it pays a big swag out for armies upkeep across your empire.

Till it gets changed (not a bug) either formally or by modding the only really important figure is your overall profit for your empire.