PDA

View Full Version : Woah, crazy man. Totally.... just.

Anselm
11-01-2004, 00:26
I thought long and hard about wether I liked the command style in this game. The fact that only family members could be generals, manage cities and the like. I thought that maybe it was a tad unrealistic to presume that no one else except those of royal blood would be competent at doing anything.

And then... shebang!

Today, I've had an epiphany, after a battle, a scroll pops up, and:

"*scroll makes scroll like noise* Man of the Hour
Captain (insert suitably Greek name here) has proven himself a man of... manliness or something"

And the next minute hes been promoted into a full general and has 7 stars (a completely insane amount for someone who wasn't even in charge of the battle concerned). Completely cool huh?

This happen to anyone else? I've not seen it mentioned.

Anselm

LordKhaine
11-01-2004, 03:12
Yeah sometimes you can adopt a captain into the family like that. It's rare, but it happens. I got a good 3 star general that way (and he ended up being the faction leader too!)

Anselm
11-01-2004, 09:20
Yeah its a really good feature. I mean, I've had captains married in before, but just a promotion for being brilliant... just adds to the realism. Shame it doesn't happen more often really.

Lord Ovaat
11-01-2004, 19:13
I've only had it happen twice, but if it happened more often, it wouldn't be a neat, would it?

TheDuck
11-01-2004, 22:20
Yeah its a really good feature. I mean, I've had captains married in before, but just a promotion for being brilliant... just adds to the realism. Shame it doesn't happen more often really.

I would actually like the feature to be extended.

Something where you could (as overal faction leader) give certain units rewards that affected their morale (and hence performance). And when a group gets over a certain amount of kills vs. deaths.. or wins a fight that is over a certain ration (say 1:2 or more), that you as the player have the option of promoting the general directly.

I think something like that would rock. I've played games that did that in the past, and I really liked it.