PDA

View Full Version : keystroke for flipping through cities?

RedKnight
11-01-2004, 16:06
I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but -

Is there a keystroke for flipping through cities? (Same thing as hitting the arrow keys to right or left of city name, when the City popup is up.)

It'd be real convenient to be able to have the mouse cursor down near tax level or queues instead of having the move back up to hit the "next city" arrows all the time, while I flip through cities each turn. But I've tried hitting a lot of keys and nothing works (nor do I see anything like that on the Help popup).

Just to be sure, though - does anybody know of a key to use for this? ~:grouphug:

edwardusbenedictus
11-01-2004, 21:23
humm maybe you could RIGHT click on the "TOWN" tab at the bottom and you get the list of all the settlements you own and their Governers if any.....
cheers have fun.

ROMA VICTOR

barvaz
11-01-2004, 23:31
Nope, you can’t.

Why such an obvious, simple and yet so useful feature such as cycling through cities (and armies) with a keyboard was not implemented is beyond me. I am not even talking about being able to select the next/previous city that doesn’t produce building (and armies) with a key instead of going through the entire list of all cities every single turn, something I am wishing for since MTW.

While the game is great, the GUI of RTW is nothing to be proud of, neither was MTW’s. The developers have a thing or two to learn about writing clean, well designed and consistent GUI - Ever wondered why you must click on the approve check mark instead of just pressing “enter” after you type in the numbers on the diplomacy screen? Just one example of many of how the UI is not consistent about mouse and keyboard usage.

Well, at least they can do great battle engines and fun strategic gameplay.

- barvaz