PDA

View Full Version : An Expansion pack for RTW is needed

praetorians cavalry
11-02-2004, 05:08
Hi everyone.I hope CA is listening to this forum,so all our post will be considered.I want the game much better.I(and all you here) am a big fan of TW series, as soon as I had finished MTW,I hoped for this new RTW very much.I hoped the game would be much better than itself today.You know, there are tons of bugs (some bugs are really terrible) in this game we've found out.I am NOT criticising CA, RTW is the BEST strategy game I've ever played.I only want a better RTW.I think there should be a complete expansion for RTW (like Viking Invasion for MTW or Mongol Invasion for STW) with many bugs fixed and new features.The protectorate bug, the short campaign battle timer, the Admiral command star,not enough challenge in the game,so on...These problems lower the game very much.For example,noone would like to read a story they already knew the ending.It is also true for this game,you will be tired of seeing Romans and Egyptian's domination all the time.You will get bored with a really weak Carthage,always having no chance against the Scipii.You will not be pleased to recognise this:the two strong faction (at least in history) the Greek and Macedon buckle and buckle again before the Brutii advance.If the game is more balanced for AI controlled faction,I think the campaign will be VERY interesting ~D .We need a more various RTW too.There are five periods to choose in STW,three periods in MTW,but RTW only has one.There doesnt have much choice now.Also,the range of unit selection is narrower than MTW.I agree that RTW has real cooled unit like Elephant, chariot...but if there has more choice (like MTW) it will be marvelous.Diplomacy needs repairing,too.Diplomacy system in RTW is much more interesting than MTW or STW,but sometimes it contains too much nuisance,like the AI rarely accept Military access, an alliance bring you very litte advantages because AI look down on their allies:they never accept a demand of attacking factions from their allies, they dont cooperate and ready to betray at any time.The AI should accept your proposal more often.It also seems very hard to have an ally's army help you in battle.Protectorate needs to be completely redone, like: they dont take your wallet but give about 20-30% of their incometo you every turn.They will have to obey your order, and if you push them too hard, they can declare independence.Adding new diplomacy options like: "break agreements with..." ,"give a loan","royal wedding","ransom back prisoner captured in battles","military helping in X provine"...will,in my opinion,make the game have much,much more things to learn.Bribery should be much more difficult and expansive.The AI, they also need to be improved to make the game more challenged.In VH difficulty,they should have much more troops, and really push you hard.
I hope CA will soon release this expansion for us, big fans of TW series.I already love this game very much,but if there is an expansion like above,this will makethe game much more awesome.Adding a little music,and I will give RTW ten mark out of ten.

Sleepy
11-02-2004, 12:16
:help: Paragraphs!

a_ver_est
11-02-2004, 12:42
I hope CA will soon release this expansion for us, big fans of TW series.I already love this game very much,but if there is an expansion like above,this will makethe game much more awesome.Adding a little music,and I will give RTW ten mark out of ten.

Sorry but I have spent 50$ buying these game only two weeks ago, if the game has been released with some bugs/errors/bad features, ... CA must resolve it. So they have to release all necessary patch.

I am agree that an expansion will be a great thing, but its the goal must be add new features, new units, new campaing, ... not solve current problems.

*Ringo*
11-02-2004, 14:53
...patch first! I'm sure those talented people at the modding forum will give us some new content soon enough, right now i want the glitches ironed out!

*Ringo*

Servius
11-02-2004, 16:54
yeah, gotta agree. CA is obligated (not legally but PR-wise) to fix all the thing broken with this game through patches first. There's no way we should have to pay full price for a busted game, then have to shell out more $$$ for the fixes. xpacs are for improving a game by adding new things, not fixing old, broken ones.

praetorians cavalry
11-02-2004, 17:00
~D ~D ~D

Red Harvest
11-02-2004, 17:52
xpacs are for improving a game by adding new things, not fixing old, broken ones.

You should send this comment to Bill Gates ~D ~D ~D

CA is working on patches and they have a pretty good history of patching stuff to improve play. So I propose to keep the comments and ideas flowing, and let CA figure out what they want to do as a patch. ~:cheers: I suspect we will be seeing several patches before they are done. It is a new engine and it is going to take awhile to flesh it all out.

I expect there will be some sort of Expansion pack and that the plans were put in place for it a year or two ago (if not at the beginning or RTW development.)

AggonyKing
11-02-2004, 19:06
Can we wait at least a year before an expansion, I mean the game is out and you guys want and expansion already, take it easy fellows

Spino
11-02-2004, 20:03

Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansio nmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy. Allromeandnoexpansionmakesspinoadullboy.

:dizzy2:

sunsmountain
11-02-2004, 20:27
dont spam, spino..

In reading your post, praetorians cavalry, i notice quite a few frustration because of long loved things in Medieval Total War. And the game is too easy for you.

Now the graphics engine looks nice, but that also means the AI path finding cannot be 100% perfect at the same time. Also, making good AI decisions with 20 possible units under your control is quite hard, but quite simple for a human to do.

A patch should release the editors and fix these bugs as much as possible, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't.
So Rome is still very much a work in progress, though a good looking & stable basis is there.