PDA

View Full Version : marius question

SIcilian
11-02-2004, 23:27
i havent gotten that far, but when the marius reform rears its head, do my pre-marius units dissaper? thanks

sicilian fencer :duel: en garde

YAKOBU
11-03-2004, 00:08
Hi SIcilian ~:wave:

I haven't got that far either but deduce from other threads that you can't train or retrain some units but the ones you had at that point will still exist :charge:

albo g
11-03-2004, 00:10
The old units will stay and new units like legionaires can be trained

You can still train all the old units

Sizzlorr
11-03-2004, 00:25
The old units will stay and new units like legionaires can be trained

You can still train all the old units

You can't train all the old units, and you can't retrain them. Wait, that's not entirely true, let me 'splain. All the roman archers, Hastati, Pricipes, Triarii, Equites, and Velites you already have trained will still be around, and you can train them to upgrade their weapons, but you will not be able to retrain them so that their numbers return to full strength. Your experienced armies of hastati and Principes will begin to wither away as you fight with them and combine them together as they loose numbers. But don't loose heart and disband all your old units! They are still great for fighting barbarians, especially the experienced ones. But you will want to augment them with Legionnaires, archer Auxilia, and Roman Cavalry so that you will be ready when the civil war begins. Your Hastati won't stand a chance against the other Roman factions!

andrewt
11-03-2004, 00:44
I sent my old troops to conquer Iberia and North Africa. I bolstered their numbers with mercenaries, who did most of the dying. The other Roman factions were taken care of by spanking, brand new and shiny urban cohorts.

barocca
11-03-2004, 10:29
I sent my old troops to conquer Iberia and North Africa. I bolstered their numbers with mercenaries, who did most of the dying. The other Roman factions were taken care of by spanking, brand new and shiny urban cohorts.

Yep, same here
:-)