PDA

View Full Version : The Captial Was Attacked -- Atacking Capitals, Part III

Siris
11-06-2004, 14:20
Well I took the Bruti Capital with ease, after a hard battle in which they brought up reinforcements. I slaughtered their citizens at the start, but lost in the end more men that I killed in the square because of my Hoplites inability to adjust to city fighting without chaos. But I still took the city, with some 3,200 men left.

I garrisoned over 1,000+ men there, seeing two large stacks of enemy troops farther down, just inscase they decided to try & attempt to take the city back.

Nothing happened relating to destroying the faction, or revolts, but, their no longer attacking in my home lands, but I'm pushing forward, with my growing Spartan Hoplites, my new weapon against them. Which I just fought a battle with them among my armoured hoplites, and lost about 117 men (only three spartan hoplites, due to arrow's in the end of the map), and killed over 1,400 enemies! And I had the Spartans on the front line, and they didnt lose a man, not until reinforcement enemy archers appeared and fired upon them many times, still only scoreing a few kills, so yes, their magnificient warriors, but take too long to create, two years, and only Sparta & Syrcause can make them. :furious3:

I sent 2,000 men or so to Rome, and seiged it there. I saved them game, thinking its not enough men, or, not equipped enough to take the city, so I waited for a ship to arrive from Syracuse carrying some Ongars, and spartan hoplites, but it got intercepted & destroyed. :dizzy2:

So the seige was assaulted by Juli, with three large stacks, and the now small senate army, which I'd fought with my 2,000 manned army and descimated on the field, sparring no one.

The seige got lifted, and the army lost over 1,700+ men, with only 700 Juli & Senate losses. Just time to re-group is all.

Bruti struck their old Capital at the same time, but lost over 1,500+ men to my 300 lost men, and lost the fight.

So the tide of war isnt on my side just yet, but their no longer winning. ~:)

Shouldnt be long before I'm winning the war, since my Spartan Hoplites are now being made, and I hold a strong fortress on their peninsula, which they cant take lol! :duel:

*Ringo*
11-06-2004, 14:54
Just for reference...

Part I (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39172)

Part II (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39223)

*Ringo*

Theodoret
11-07-2004, 14:54
Not sure how helpful this is, but I'm playing the Macedonians, so I'm in a similiar situation to you.

I'm assaulting the Italian peninsula with a three pronged attack in consort with the Gauls.

Like you, I started by attacking Croton. At the same time I sent a full stack to attack Apollonium, and had my Greek cities build up more units. Once Apollonium was taken, I garrisoned it with the mercenaries I had been using to guard the mountain passes between my territory and the Brutii. I then shipped over the conquest army to attack Tarentum.

I managed to take Tarentum, and also built another army stack from the units I'd been making in Greece. With the new army, I marched up the Croatian coast taking Salona, Segestica and Patavium, and so wiped out the Brutii. I had to use mercenaries quite a lot to keep this army up to strength. This was real blitzkrieg stuff - I brought a ballista with me so I could attack the cities on the same turn I began the siege.

Meanwhile I sent the Croton army to attack Capua, and split the army in Tarentum to make a new garrison for Croton. I also sent a diplomat to make an alliance with the mighty Gauls, who are attacking the Julii and keeping them occupied (the 'third prong' of my attack).

I've currently got Rome under siege with the army from Capua (I've tried to assault the city twice, and been beaten back, so I'm just going to starve them out), and my army from Patavium is attacking Ariminum although they are getting attacked a lot by big Julian armies.

Things aren't going all my way, because the Romans have sunk half my fleet, and the Scipii are attacking Croton with massive armies (losing their capital doesn't seem to have stopped them), but they are definately on the defensive. I'm thinking of making some more armies in Greece and sending them to attack Sicily to try and divert the Scipii, but I need to build a bigger fleet first.