PDA

View Full Version : Alliance with Egypt not an option?

Jacque Schtrapp
11-06-2004, 18:12
I am playing as the Macedonians. Things have been quiet on my eastern front for decades and consequently I have been pursuing a punitive campaign against the Brutii in the west. Suddenly, Pontus, having helped Egypt eliminate the Seleucids, is attacking me all over the place. I paused in my war with Rome long enough to punish the Ponic fools by taking three of their cities. Seeking to return to destroying the Brutii, I decided to arrange an alliance with Egypt and perhaps bribe them into attacking the Ponitc idiots long enough for me to finish off the Brutii. Alliance with Egypt is not available on the diplomacy screen. I have never been at war with Egypt, I am only allied with Parthia whom the Egyptians are not at war with and Egypt's only ally is Carthage who I haven't even encountered on the map yet. Carthage and Parthia are most definitely not at war either, not that it should matter. Why is there no alliance option available in my negotiations with Egypt? ~:confused:

CGS
11-06-2004, 18:57
I think you must have trade rights first if you want an alliance. If you already have that, then I have no idea.

Jacque Schtrapp
11-06-2004, 19:13
I think you must have trade rights first if you want an alliance.

I do. ~;)

Silver Rusher
11-06-2004, 20:00
This has happened to me a few times before... I don't know why.

Not with the Egyptians though BTW.

Silver Rusher
11-06-2004, 20:02
OK, I think I've figured it out.

Try to ask diplomats and family members rather than towns and captains. Other than that I can't help you.

Sin Qua Non
11-06-2004, 20:28
What is Egypt's situation with other factions? If Egypt is allied with a faction you are at war with, you may not be able to ask an alliance of them. I've had that happen before.

Sin Qua Non
11-06-2004, 20:30
Nope, sorry, I reread your post. Guess that isn't it in this case. You might want to send a dip to Carthage and see what their situation is.

hoof
11-06-2004, 21:11
Almost always, when "alliance" isn't an option for me when talking to a faction, it's because an ally of mine is at war with them. The only way I've found to get an alliance with them is if *they* ask for it. However, the next turn I'll be asked to choose which to stay allied to. A workaround/bug means that once you choose, if you restore the autosave, you remain allied to both and don't have to choose.

Check the relationships page to see who they're at war with. Then check your allied list. If any of their enemies are on your ally list, you cannot ask for an alliance.

Jacque Schtrapp
11-06-2004, 21:39
OK, I think I've figured it out.

Try to ask diplomats and family members rather than towns and captains. Other than that I can't help you.

I'll try that. For everyone else, there are NO CONFLICTING ALLIANCES/WARS!
~;)