PDA

View Full Version : Other Factions Playable?

Vikings
11-06-2004, 22:18
When i started, there was only three playable Factions Campaign (Brutii, Julli and Scipii).

Is it possible to play other Factions in the future? (ie Germania).

barocca
11-06-2004, 22:27
each time you defeat a faction you can then play that faction,

alternatively take the 15 year short campaign to unlonk all factions

OR use this unlocker (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rtw_Uploads/RTWupload/all_factions_mod_littlecheese.zip)

the short campaign is more fun though.

cheers,
B.

Vikings
11-07-2004, 00:34
Woot thx, that unlocker helps. Sorry i didnt know that users have to defeat each factions to be playable. Guess i miss that in the manual (IF any).

At least others will know when they are reading this. ~:)

-Vikings

praetorians cavalry
11-07-2004, 14:10
After finishing your first short or full campaign,some more factions will be playable.As I can remember,they are Egypts,greek,parthian,seleucid,german,gaul,briton,carthage.You can also make others playable by modding the file descr_strat in your game directory.
Barocca,I dont think defeat a faction you can play that faction.I am able to choose Egyptian ,but I never defeat them before.

Sin Qua Non
11-07-2004, 15:21
The defeated becoming playable is only important in your first game. If you play an incomplete game, but destroy 3 factions along the way, you can play those 3 factions in addition to Rome at any time. But once you win, you get all the factions. I'm pretty sure it works that way on all difficulty levels.

Vikings
11-07-2004, 15:57
Well i suggest you dont download that faction's zip. Better off earning it. I download it and came across a few bugs, one is SPQR, dont hit the Senate Button (CTD!)

Possible not all Dilpo are tested or safe so becareful.

I guess we all need a patch for this one.

Szun
11-07-2004, 16:10
strat_descr.txt

change the entrys what is playable , unlockable and unplayable ..and there you go

I hear rebels are fun to play

Merlin271
11-07-2004, 16:48
just don't move the senate from its current position (all other factions can be moved under the playable heading).

Akka
11-07-2004, 16:58
Well i suggest you dont download that faction's zip. Better off earning it. I download it and came across a few bugs, one is SPQR, dont hit the Senate Button (CTD!)

Possible not all Dilpo are tested or safe so becareful.

I guess we all need a patch for this one.
The Senate is not supposed to be used by a player.
Except for the SPQR, all factions works flawlessly, even the ones which weren't unlockable (like Macedon).