PDA

View Full Version : General traits and ancillaries compared here

geraldtan
11-07-2004, 05:17
Hi everyone!

I entered the data from the export_desc_*.txt files into Excel and did some calculations on the character traits and triggers.
Essentially I've summarised the various traits and triggers (eg. city buildings, winning battles, temples) and come up with numerical answers to which triggers are good, and exactly how much better they are.

It actually answers questions like:
"Which is better for my general - to stay in a city with city plumbing, or with a governor's house?"
(Ans: Both are bad, but city plumbing is worse)
"Does the temple of Bacchus, Ceres, or Jupiter produce better traits and ancillaries?"
(Ans: Jupiter has the best traits, but Bacchus has the best ancillaries)
"Does my governor get a trait increase if I build a market, academy, or a port?"
(Ans: All three help, but port has the highest chance, followed by market)
I've also included the raw Excel file and instructions so you can experiment for yourself and change the weightages or priorities.

The site is at http://www.geraldtan.com/rtw
Thought I'd share it with everyone, cheers!

Poohbear

Indylavi
11-07-2004, 06:35
Sweet!! Good job this will help out a lot

andrewt
11-07-2004, 10:11
Can you provide more explanations on what the headers mean and what some of the descriptions mean?

In the character/other column in the ancillaries file, there are vices and virtues there. Does this mean I need a general with the vice and virtue at that level before I can get the ancillary?

*Ringo*
11-07-2004, 14:13
Excellent work geraldtan, i was in the middle of something similar myself but now i've no need! Thx for the info & saving my busy schedule! ~D

*Ringo*

geraldtan
11-08-2004, 02:57
Thanks for the feedback. ~:)

To answer andrewt, I had to abbreviate most of the headers so the page would print nicely. Most of the headers should be self-explanatory, but for those that aren't I've given their full name and description in the readme*.txt file. Let me know if there are some more that you don't understand!

Yes, if the "character" column is filled, your character will need to meet those criteria before you can get the ancillary.

Under the "Gov" column, "Y" means only the governor can get it, and "L" means only the leader can get it. But you should still be able to transfer the ancillary to another general once you've gotten it. Hope that helps!!

Poohbear