PDA

View Full Version : Ships Stuck

Jagger
11-07-2004, 20:36
Ok...this really aggravates me!!!

Played all morning. It took me four hours to get from 247BC to 236BC as the Julii. Great campaign. And then finally upgraded so that I could recruit 2nd level Prinicipes, Hastatis and Triarri along with the 2nd level auxilleries. So over 5 years or so, I put together a top quality army aimed at taking the Greek city of Apollia. Finally got them built. Stuck them on a ship with three family members and headed them out for Greece.

So what happens??? The ships get stuck on a sandbar!!!! :furious3: Now I can't move the ships. I can't unload my army of latest, most advanced troops. I have three family members stuck on this ship. And my last regular save was four hours. The autosave includes the bug..... They are lost... :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

Has anyone figured any sort of work around for this, all too often, stuck ship bug??????

Aggghhhhhhhh

aw89
11-07-2004, 20:59
get another ship and move the army to it, if both got a admiral that is...

ToranagaSama
11-07-2004, 21:17
Anyone know if CA is aware of this bug?

Similar to the original poster, playing Juii, I got TWO ships run aground! near the Greek city located just before the *narrows*.

First it was just one ship, thought, maybe, combining another ship might set it free, but no. Nothing works.

Jagger, I feel your frustration, with an Army stuck the game is over. Fortunately, I'm just stuck with the maintenance of two ships.

Sinner
11-07-2004, 22:43
You don't have to merge stacks to transfer troops, it can be done between adjacent stacks.

To free your ships, do the following:

- First transfer off all agents and troops, either offloading them onto land or to a neighboring fleet
- Create a rally point at the nearest convenient port & drag it to a sea square immediately adjacent to the stuck fleet
- Drag the stuck fleet to the rally point... your ships are now free ~:)

ToranagaSama
11-08-2004, 06:37
Gonna try it Sinner. Thanks!

Jagger
11-08-2004, 16:42
Here is another solution. It also work. Sinners method sounds easier but I didn't read his method until using this other one.

Posted by Psilax:

I tested it and it works!

Bring down the console, scroll your cursor over an empty patch of sea and type:

show_cursorstat

That will give you an X and Y coordinate for the mouse. Now, bring down the console again after checking the name and spelling of your admiral's name (admiral of the stuck fleet) and type the following:

move_character "Admiral Hannibal" 124, 51

Where "Hannibal" is the name of your admiral and 124, 51 are the coordinates you want. It should move your fleet away from the coast and into the open water, able to move once more!

Keep in mind that due to the way the console commands are implemented you can only use them once and you have to quit the whole game and restart it before another shot. So if you screw it up or mistype it, you have to restart the game. If it works, save the game and you're set.

Hope that helps temporarily with stuck fleets.

Lord Ovaat
11-08-2004, 19:57
Ya know, Jagger, I can think of some other uses for that consol command. ~D

warlordmb
11-09-2004, 11:34
You don't have to merge stacks to transfer troops, it can be done between adjacent stacks.

To free your ships, do the following:

- First transfer off all agents and troops, either offloading them onto land or to a neighboring fleet
- Create a rally point at the nearest convenient port & drag it to a sea square immediately adjacent to the stuck fleet
- Drag the stuck fleet to the rally point... your ships are now free ~:)

Sinner,

You are a God.
Your tip worked a treat.
I had a full fleet of Biremes and Triremes with lots of gold experience stripes stuck on the small islands near the greek city states of Sparta and Corinth.
I was furious about the loss of this fleet. Thanks for the help.