PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it! ROMA VICTA

Naughtious Maximus
11-08-2004, 02:44
Well I've had it for about a month now and I honestly cannot believe it! Its such an improvement over Shogun! I was wondering if there is any point in buying Medieval cause Rome is obviously way better, but I might just get it for the collection...Can't wait for the expansion!!

Medieval Assassin
11-08-2004, 02:48
Rome pwnz.

Siris
11-08-2004, 02:53
Yea, play as the Greeks, make you some Spartan Hoplites, see what you can do with them. :bow:

Medieval Assassin
11-08-2004, 03:01
You really love your spartans.

Naughtious Maximus
11-08-2004, 03:09
Triarii all the way!!!!!

Siris
11-08-2004, 05:02
Um.. my Spartan Hoplites kicked all three Roman families Triarii's @$$E$, lol! :charge:

Akka
11-08-2004, 10:04
I was wondering if there is any point in buying Medieval cause Rome is obviously way better, but I might just get it for the collection...Can't wait for the expansion!!
Well, yes there is a point getting MTW also :)
Two, in fact :

1 - Both games happens at different points of history. It greatly change the whole gameplay, the whole selection of units, and the whole ambiance. I love both eras, and I was sucked in both game, one playing the ancient Greece and the rise of rome, at the time of bronze breastplate and phalanxes, and the other playing the old Byzantine Empire, or the rising kingdoms of Western Europe, or the Muslim enlightened kingdoms, starting in dark ages and going slowly toward more civilization.

2 - Rome is somehow "two step forward, one step back". If, overall, it's MUCH better than MTW, there is also many points that are inferiors or mixed. There is some things that were really beautifully done in MTW :)

SpencerH
11-08-2004, 13:32
Buy MTW and VI and play the patched versions until they fix RTW. I'm only on my third RTW campaign and it's lost its lustre. There are just too many gameplay issues for me.

The_Emperor
11-08-2004, 14:38
Rome pwnz.

Rome Pawns?? What did it Pawn, your TV set and wife's jewelry to pay off its gambling debts?!! or did you mean Prawns?? (Hmmm Prawns...) :dizzy2: ~D

(Sorry i couldn't resist having a mad moment)

Naughtious Maximus
11-09-2004, 00:07
Well, yes there is a point getting MTW also :)
Two, in fact :

1 - Both games happens at different points of history. It greatly change the whole gameplay, the whole selection of units, and the whole ambiance. I love both eras, and I was sucked in both game, one playing the ancient Greece and the rise of rome, at the time of bronze breastplate and phalanxes, and the other playing the old Byzantine Empire, or the rising kingdoms of Western Europe, or the Muslim enlightened kingdoms, starting in dark ages and going slowly toward more civilization.

2 - Rome is somehow "two step forward, one step back". If, overall, it's MUCH better than MTW, there is also many points that are inferiors or mixed. There is some things that were really beautifully done in MTW :)

Yea your right, Rome is very different from Shogun and thats the only one I had apart from the Mongol Invasion. So Medieval will be very different from Shogun, I'll have to buy it very soon!! *inserts Rome Total War*

Stuie
11-09-2004, 14:22
Buy MTW and VI and play the patched versions until they fix RTW. I'm only on my third RTW campaign and it's lost its lustre. There are just too many gameplay issues for me.

Have you tried the realism mod? It's a definite improvement.