PDA

View Full Version : I think I need to patch !!!

YAKOBU
11-08-2004, 10:44
Hi everyone ~:wave:

Just a quick report on a siege I won last night as the Scipii. The Gauls had approximately 1000 men in the settlement. After my archers and onagers had done their work I sent my lone unit of mercenary elephants through the gate and tried backing them up with 5 grouped units of cavalry. As the cavalry were going through the gate I would click for them to move further into the settlement and they would reform outside the settlement :furious3: I was really worried that my elephants would get slaughtered being on their own in the settlement. Anyway while I'm furiously clicking to get my cavalry back into the settlement, to no avail, I get a message saying the enemy general is dead. Still without getting my cavalry back into the settlement I get another message saying the battle is over. The final stats showed my 1 unit of mercenary elephants had single-handedly killed 845 Gauls with no backup :dizzy2: . This has made me draw 2 conclusions:

1 - I need to re-install the 1.1 patch! I did have it initially but had to re-install RTW and had not put it back on. Had never used elephants before now so had not seen the crazy results.

2 - I will not try and send grouped units into a breach again!!

I welcome any thoughts ~:cheers:

Medieval Assassin
11-08-2004, 13:01
...okay?

eeyoredragon
11-08-2004, 15:27
1 - I need to re-install the 1.1 patch! I did have it initially but had to re-install RTW and had not put it back on. Had never used elephants before now so had not seen the crazy results.

Even with the 1.1 patch you get crazy results with elephants. Okay, perhaps not 1000/elephant but 999 or maybe even as low as 998.
:hide:

Servius
11-08-2004, 15:53
Yeah, I've had that bug too. I might have a group of 8 Hastati, a seperate group of 2 Cav, and a seperate group of 4 archers. If I order the Hastati to form up inside the city, the back up and reform outside the city AND the cavalry comes up to try and join in the fun. It's definintely a bug because no order was given to the cav, and it forces me to order each unit individually.

Your elephants are pretty badass it seems.

Tamur
11-08-2004, 17:29
I've had results like when I'm feeling sneaky and send two units of British Light Chariots against a full stack of Julii... Had one on Saturday with 859 kills and 0 losses by flank- and back-attacking units (on hard setting). Single unit though that's pretty impressive ~:)

Tricky Lady
11-08-2004, 18:53
I think we all need to patch... :brood:

Razor1952
11-09-2004, 02:11
I think the problem relates to where your unit reforms, I have strated a thread on this above.

Siris
11-09-2004, 02:24
Yea, my Hoplites never go inside of the city walls, but when I was the Romans and not the Greeks they ran in just fine, this one, they want to just stand there and not move. It is really iritating when you lose so many of your men because they wont freaking go inside of the city. :furious3: