PDA

View Full Version : Selucid (sp?) squalor bug

lancelot
11-08-2004, 11:26
I think there may be a bug when it comes to selucids and squalor. Most of my cities have nearly full squalor even when I have aquaducts.

This is almost without exception. I never have squalor probs like this with any other faction. Worse, temples and health building do not seem to reduce squalor at all?

I am convinced there is a problem here.

Any info to help would be appreciated although Im damn sure this isnt a gameplay style fault. Im convinced its another bug.

Akka
11-08-2004, 11:56
Public health buildings doesn't substract to squalor, they had to health (the red hearts in the city report). One health heart compensate for one rat squalor, so it works exactly like if they reduced squalor, except you still see it in the city report.

The squalor madness isn't restricted to Seleucids, anyway. It's a problem that is common to everybody.

The_Emperor
11-08-2004, 12:15
health buildings also provide a Population growth bonus, which means you get more people and as a result more squalor!

The best way to manage squalor is to limit your building of farms and have high taxes with large peasant garissons, this way you can make Pop growth peak and stop providing you can keep a lid on public order.