PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly RTW Music

the Black Prince
11-08-2004, 18:29
with MTW (can't speak for STW) it was possibly to play the music files outsdie of the game, much as you can with the movie files, but can you do that with RTW?

Hortensius
11-08-2004, 21:05
Hi,
Yeh its easy to get the music out, ive got it onto cd and driving the car has never been so much fun. Go to data/sounds and select the music file, copy it somewhere then open it in media player then burn..............hey presto!!!!!
Only thing i havent figured is how to split the tracks individually, it ends up as one 1hr 14 min track, so alot of forward/reverse when in the car, does anyone out there know how to do that??
By the way if you play it on the comp slide to about 40 mins and there is vocals to some music played when the game loads......awesome.....nearly made me cry,

Good luck. ~:) ~:)

Husar
11-08-2004, 21:49
You can use Vercingetorix´ extracting tools to extract the single files and then burn them all to CD, this way you should get seperate tracks for all the music files.

Hortensius
11-08-2004, 22:52
Thanks Husar, but where do you get this tool, ive done a google and all i get is the fabled gallic leader etc.

Eagerly awaits reply............................ :embarassed:

Maltz
11-08-2004, 23:45
Now it is my turn to say "you may check the old posts". You will see what I mean in here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=38538

I have got it working. If you still have trouble please feel free to discuss more. ~:cheers:

Hortensius
11-09-2004, 00:07
Hehe, nice one Maltz.......Thanks! ~:cheers:

Siris
11-09-2004, 00:14
Heh you guys suck! I got the official RTW soundtrack that came with the game itself on CD already! LOL! ~:cool:

Captain Fishpants
11-09-2004, 10:08
And there's this to consider:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm7.showMessage?topicID=12577.topic

Shaitan
11-09-2004, 12:38
Thank you for the hint Captain.

Shaitan

Uesugi Kenshin
11-10-2004, 04:38
I just want to know this; How do you guys miss a fourth cd that is not used in the install and if I remember correctly says soundtrack or something right on it! Screw exctraction wizards all i need is itunes and a cd drive and I have all 19 glorious tracks on my hard drive! ~D

frogbeastegg
11-10-2004, 09:49
The soundtrack CD was an American special offer; a lot of people didn't have chance to get one.

I don't suppose you want to post a few details about this soundtrack here, Captain Fishpants? It might prick a bit more interest than the rather skimpy note on the website. I send an email as per the note but I'm still waiting for a reply. I'd like to know if we get the original versions of the tracks as well as remixes, if all the tracks from the games are included or only certain ones, and how many CDs this is likely to be.