PDA

View Full Version : Spies and Assassins!

Vikings
11-09-2004, 16:03
Just wondering how to protect the generals on the campaign maps, ie preventing from being assassinated. Been using young boys and train them thru the whole campaign and wasnt want them be assassinated. Does spies and/or assassins in the army groups help any?

Spies in armies help, look out for ambush!

How to kill spies and assassins, sorry i never got a chance but doesnt say much in the game and the manual.

Another important question, have anyone ever tried to build up massive assassins to kill all there leaders? If all there leader dies what happen next, rebellion or that nation is defeated?

Yes i noticed assassins are expensive, but is it worth it?

-Vikings

RZST
11-09-2004, 16:06
i put a spy in my main army so that army can see better =) and find out other spies along the way.

to kill another spy, send your own spy after it. to kill an assasin i dont know.

havent tried massins assasins yet, too tedious. might try though, my seleucid campaign is pretty rich.

yes assasins are worthit imo, takes care of those generals, not that a player cant handle em. also, good for sabotaging buildings =)

Slaists
11-09-2004, 16:14
The chance of killing a faction leader is really small: even for a valor 10 assassin... IMHO, assassins are not really worth it unless you really get a kick out of micro-managing them... I've had several assassins die in one turn when they had like 96% chance of killing the target...

Also, I've yet to see the AI attempting to assasinate any of my generals... They've bribed away a few of my emissaries though and once: they bribed a whole city. But that's about all they've tried along the lines of sabotage, assassinations...