PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Poohbear's Traits info

Bob the Insane
11-11-2004, 18:03
Looking through this stuff as reference on the front page of the .org and it is really well done and a blast...

Reveals some non-PC thinks at CA...

e.g. Trait - Arse (which is basically combines being gay with a bit of S&M by the sound of it) can only be gained by the triggers Temple of fun (Bacchus) and SenateExposure...

So it appears in their opinion, religion and politics can make you gay... ~D

Medieval Assassin
11-11-2004, 18:13
Or arse as In "a$$h0l3"... Seeing how Bacchus is about fun and jokes and drinking... and becoming a perve, or an arse in the since that he makes dumb decisions?

Quillan
11-11-2004, 19:55
There are 4 trait groups, Feck, Arse, Drink, and Girls, that someone said are taken from quotes from a British sitcom, if I am not mistaken. It's another one of those inside jokes, like the judean zealots, the aquaduct construction message, and such.

*Ringo*
11-11-2004, 19:56
Drink, Feck, Girls & Arse all appear... i'm guessing we have Father Ted fan on our hands. ~:eek:

*Ringo*

Medieval Assassin
11-11-2004, 22:40
Brits...Can't understand a word they speak!

troymclure
11-12-2004, 07:34
speaking of gay vices. Why is being a minion (gay) a vice for the Greeks? I know it was frowned upon in Rome but being bisexual or gay was very PC in greece in the ancient times. Realisticaly it should almost give a +1 influence for the greek factions not -1.
ps:- i can't believe i just posted this. :)

katar
11-12-2004, 08:37
Drink, Feck, Girls & Arse all appear... i'm guessing we have Father Ted fan on our hands.

way to go "Father Ted"!!! ~:cool: i never knew three priests in one house could have so much fun! ~D

i know, but it`s accurate, but if they made it accurate they`d probably ban it in the states or similar as promoting being gay. :dizzy2:

TEP
11-12-2004, 09:19
LOL - I was so surprised to see how "un-PC" this game is when I looked through the traits.

I seem to get a lot of (Julii) family members coming of age with the Minion/Arse trait - actually that is how I came across Poohbear's files.
I was wondering, because there is not a Bacchus temple in sight, what exactly constitutes SenateExposure? ~:confused:

Longshanks
11-12-2004, 10:32
speaking of gay vices. Why is being a minion (gay) a vice for the Greeks? I know it was frowned upon in Rome but being bisexual or gay was very PC in greece in the ancient times. Realisticaly it should almost give a +1 influence for the greek factions not -1.

Yes but I believe the language used in the description of the Minion vice implied submissiveness. (or at least the name itself does)
IIRC the ancient Greeks didn't frown on someone being bisexual or homosexual, except if you played the woman's role in that relationship. ~:eek: With that in mind Minion should be a negative vice for the Greeks also.

Bob the Insane
11-12-2004, 14:50
Just noticed that unless you are Roman (or at least captured a settlement with a Temple of Bacchus) you should not be able to trigger the Arse line of traits...

Anyone seen anything to back this up or show it incorrrect??

Also as a continuation of the un-PC gay thing... Your assassin can get a catamite as a retinue member and the statment "who would have thought it of such a man"...

Now a Catamite, for those that don't know, is a young boy kept for immorale purposes according to the dictionary...

What are they trying to say here??

P.S. I really don't mean anything serious by all this... ~D

lancelot
11-12-2004, 15:14

Actually I have seen a program that stated that when watching the games, many roman men 'got down' to business, if you know what I mean..

Mikeus Caesar
11-12-2004, 19:40
Erm.....does all this mean that back in those times, a lot of people had odd sexual preferences?

TEP
11-16-2004, 11:17
Just noticed that unless you are Roman (or at least captured a settlement with a Temple of Bacchus) you should not be able to trigger the Arse line of traits...

Anyone seen anything to back this up or show it incorrrect??

See my previous post.

I seem to get a lot of (Julii) family members coming of age with the Minion/Arse trait - and there is not a Bacchus temple in sight. As far as I can see, the trait can also come from SenateExposure, but what exactly constitutes SenateExposure?

Captain Fishpants
11-16-2004, 15:19
See my previous post.

I seem to get a lot of (Julii) family members coming of age with the Minion/Arse trait - and there is not a Bacchus temple in sight. As far as I can see, the trait can also come from SenateExposure, but what exactly constitutes SenateExposure?

This is one of the results of not doing a Senate mission - the Senate go out of their way to badmouth one of your people in public, and otherwise put it about that he's not quite all that a nice Roman should be. Your man's character is blackened and stained as a result, whether or not the accusation is true in fact. Think of it as an early "attack ad" campaign. ~:)

Harsh men, those Senators, to those who are naughty in their sight.

Ziu
11-17-2004, 02:11
Erm.....does all this mean that back in those times, a lot of people had odd sexual preferences?

Or is it that we in these times have odd sexual preferences??

TEP
11-17-2004, 08:19
This is one of the results of not doing a Senate mission - the Senate go out of their way to badmouth one of your people in public, and otherwise put it about that he's not quite all that a nice Roman should be. Your man's character is blackened and stained as a result, whether or not the accusation is true in fact. Think of it as an early "attack ad" campaign. ~:)

Harsh men, those Senators, to those who are naughty in their sight.

Hey - no way! I have completed every Senate mission in this campaign ~:confused: Do they do this too if you are late in completing the mission, ie. in the last possible turn or so?

Gotta go back and make sure that I haven't built a Bacchus temple by accident.

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question. Good support from the developers makes a game like RTW so much more enjoyable. :bow: :thumbsup:

Octavius Julius
11-17-2004, 09:51
Brits...Can't understand a word they speak!

That's actually an Irish television show that was made by Channel 4, a UK television network. All the actors are Irish, and sadly, Ted is dead now...Feck, Arse, Drink, Girls....down with this sort of thing....careful now!

Medieval Assassin
11-17-2004, 23:10
Hey - no way! I have completed every Senate mission in this campaign ~:confused: Do they do this too if you are late in completing the mission, ie. in the last possible turn or so?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question. Good support from the developers makes a game like RTW so much more enjoyable. :bow: :thumbsup:

Yes, but after you complete so many missions, or your faction gets so big, the senate starts hating you.

TEP
11-18-2004, 10:45

Nope, only Jupiter temples - and 3 minions in the family. And the Senate is still quite fond of me, Medieval Assassin Good point, though.

Are we quite sure that completing a mission does not cause SenateExposure? I also got a minion in the prologue, where I did all the missions.