PDA

View Full Version : Work on voices

massamuusi
11-15-2004, 23:42
Ok, the choir itself is not interested, they did send mail to some of their members, I wonder if they'd be interested at all. Myself, I've been preparing for the worst, that no one else would be willing and I had to use my own voice, I haven't eaten much at all, I've trained hard, I'm exhausted and I've done voice openings... Now, all I need is a horse, and it'll be authentic.

So, when you get the full unit list post it here.

I will practice some with the swedish/danish commands + the hakkapeliitta warcry, I don't know yet how they will sound like and if the sound files will need to be edited. I just hope I've still got the hang of pronouncing swedish I used to have... It's a good thing that my brother has a good mic. It's a bad thing that I don't have proper education for using voice properly.

Well, we'll see... lol... But even if I didn't manage to sound good I will try to get someone good to make the voices.

massamuusi
11-16-2004, 18:03
Silver Rusher, any comments upon the files I sent you?

Silver Rusher
11-16-2004, 20:49
Check your inbox.

massamuusi
11-16-2004, 22:21
voice 2 will do for now? Shall I keep looking for better?

Silver Rusher
11-16-2004, 22:49
I am pretty sure voice 2 is OK, but you might wanna make it a bit faster.

massamuusi
11-16-2004, 23:09
I've found a possibly interested person to do the finnish voices. It would be good if he would come here and discuss it directly with you Silver Rusher. So far, I haven't yet managed to dig out which languages the swedes used as command language for different troops etc.

Neva
11-24-2004, 10:33
Sorry it took a while, been doing school + choir + work. As massamuusi mentioned, the project sounds interesting.

I believe we do have a microphone at our choir's place, so one possibility is to give the necessary lines and I (maybe a couple of others) can do takes and send a link to the URL where they are located as wav's.

For fine-tuning the atmosphere or expression, best choice would be to actually meet and do the takes with discussions on how they should be done exactly.

massamuusi
11-24-2004, 21:24
Well, I hope I can help with it, but I am not really even a part in the modding team, Silver Rusher or who ever is responsible for the voices in the mod should be able to give more details since I don't myself know much at all what they're looking for.

Been very busy myself, having history exam tomorrow (finland 1100- to late 18th era).