PDA

View Full Version : Coming late to a great game

Kraggenmor
11-21-2004, 19:23
Just picked up MTW last week - I'd actually gone to get Rome TW but when I saw the bargain price on MTW packaged with Viking Invasion, well, the Scot in me came out. ~;)

Haven't loaded Vikings yet, have installed the 1.1 patch.

Playing the Dane on normal mode, because I like their starting position.

Here's what I am running into. It is currently 1235, I have secured HUGE....tracts of land.

Built up a castle in Denmark with Church, etc. and yet I still have not been given the option to build a chapter house and so, undertake crusades.

What am I missing. I've looked at the tech tree and its seems to me all I need for a chapter house is a church. Which I have and then some!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aurelius
11-21-2004, 19:33
I would advise loading VI immediately, as it contains several fixes that will save you grief.

Make sure you're playing with 2.01 as soon as possible.

MTW is fantastic. It's the single greatest game I've ever had the pleasure to come across.

Crazed Rabbit
11-21-2004, 19:42
I think the Danes may be unable to launch crusades, though some mods might fix that.

If you're looking for mods, just go to the mod development forum for MTW on the .Org, the "Engineer's Guild" I believe. There are a bunch of great mods, though I don't know which, if any, let you launch crusades as the Danes.

Crazed Rabbit

Kraggenmor
11-21-2004, 20:21
Thanks Aurelius, I'll try that today. And, yes. It IS a great game. I had the experience of being literally giddy after winning a very tightly contested battle against the English yesterday. A feeling I haven't gotten from a game in quite a long time!

I was wondering about the Danes maybe not being able to crusade as well, rabbit but, being Catholic the Pope still calls on them to crusade so, seems you should be able to answer that call. I'll et you all know if loading Vikings helps.

bretwalda
11-21-2004, 21:15
Hi there and welcome!

I suggest to install VI - but only after you finished the campaign you started because afaik you won't be able to load the old savegames with VI. Then if you want to you can enable chapter house by downloading the "mod" (it is a very small one) that you can find in my signature. The v1 only enables chapter house for all the christian nations. Have fun!

Thanks Aurelius, I'll try that today. And, yes. It IS a great game. I had the experience of being literally giddy after winning a very tightly contested battle against the English yesterday. A feeling I haven't gotten from a game in quite a long time!

I was wondering about the Danes maybe not being able to crusade as well, rabbit but, being Catholic the Pope still calls on them to crusade so, seems you should be able to answer that call. I'll et you all know if loading Vikings helps.

Kraggenmor
11-21-2004, 23:25
Hi there and welcome!

I suggest to install VI - but only after you finished the campaign you started because afaik you won't be able to load the old savegames with VI. Then if you want to you can enable chapter house by downloading the "mod" (it is a very small one) that you can find in my signature. The v1 only enables chapter house for all the christian nations. Have fun!

Thanks Brent!

I actually don't have a "problem" with not being able to crusade, so long as Iknow it's a designed feature of the game and not a bug.

Still, I'll probably dl your mod to check it out!

Thanks to all of you for your help and input! Grat community!

Mablung
11-22-2004, 09:20
You could always download the Gnome Editor (in the tools section IIRC) and edit it. This allows you to edit all (or most) unit, projectile and building stats. Best to make a back up just incase though.

henoch
11-22-2004, 19:50
oh, you lucky!

fresh to mtw, ..hmmmmmm

i remember me having a great time playing mtw without stats (the way it came along- don`t read the manual to close, don`t notice F1, go right to start...), but beside "Yas_units_master_201f (download section- this site)" is a nice tool.
-because, great battles are part one, unit & generals -breeding the other

and have a look at the guides section, specially "frostbeastegg`s complete unit guide".

The Steward of Scots
11-23-2004, 11:59
Welcome Kragganmor,

Hope you continue to enjoy the game, best of luck with the Danes, they are a mixed bag of troops etc....

Like your member name, although confess to prefer theh tipple Cragganmore ~:cheers: - a lovely Malt Whisky.

Lacker
11-23-2004, 23:38
The Danes where the best suprise I had in MTW.

I played several campaigns with the English, French, English again, Spaniards, and Italians before trying my hand with the White from the North.

Who knew those frozen swaths of dirt would produce so much freaking cash? If you havn't already, build up a navy and trader posts in each Northern province with a coastline and make sure the governors have high accumen.....then literally BATHE in Florins off trade. I couldn't spend my money fast enough. I fought the BYZ in 1214 and had a $2,000 annual deficit for about 13 years as I erradicated their massive fleet in the Med and STILL had over 22k left in the bank when all was said and done.

I'd just sit there, bribe up rebels, build a navy and on a whim land wrecking ball armies to pillage and burn far away lands. You don't actually get CRUSADES but you can do the same bit of damage with the right stack suprising Palestine without an Egyptian fleet!
A

Khan of ED
11-27-2004, 01:36
And if you are new to game try out MP. Even 56K is ok belive me i know :bow: . Keep on the good fight

derF
11-27-2004, 22:23
Strange, my first faction was Danes too. There are a lot of issues with the tech tree. The manual should have been 10 times thicker.

Samurai Waki
11-28-2004, 07:43
Well, the Danes cannot have Crusades...historically speaking there weren't too many Danish crusades that come to mind. Also the Polish and Hungarians are incapable of launching crusades(even though they are catholic factions as well).

ichi
11-29-2004, 06:41
And if you are new to game try out MP. Even 56K is ok belive me i know :bow: . Keep on the good fight

absolutely

:bow:

ichi

kukri
11-29-2004, 13:40
LoL