2. Frank Sinatra
3. Elvis Presley
4. Tony Bennett
5. Freddie Mercury
6. Bobbie Darrin
7. Ronnie Van Zant
8. Jerry Vale
9. Lou Prima
10. Roman Guitarre (I think that was Al Martino?)

Kraellin
11-23-2004, 06:04
i'm assuming from your picks that you meant male vocalists, yes?

frank fontaine
nat king cole
neil diamond
pavoratti
bing crosby
the guy who played christ in the video of jesus christ superstar.
a tenor i once heard on a black and white late night tv show who sang waltzing matilda (never knew his name and never heard it again, so sorry, but it was incredible)
andy williams
harry bellafonte
barry white

runners up: mel torme, michael jackson, meatloaf

there are others as well, but most of those that i'm thinking of were parts of groups, so i didnt include any of them.

K.

Gawain of Orkeny
11-23-2004, 06:14
Capo cant you come up with your own ideas? Didnt I just do the same thing a few weeks ago?

i'm assuming from your picks that you meant male vocalists, yes?

Yeah the titles kind of mis;eading as I dont see any women on that list or is it your opinion they cant sing as well as men? I dont see Billy Holiday, whitney Huston or Mariah Carey on that list never mind Judy Garland , Celine Dion or Shania Twain. Whats amatter Capo dont you like girls ~D

Kraellin how could you leave out the two best and most famous. Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin.

Kraellin
11-23-2004, 18:01
gawain,

i figured someone would protest my picks. i did like both those guys. i remember watching the dean martin show all the time as a kid... every sunday night, i think it was. and i grant you that both those guys had good voices. i even still imitate dean martin at times... 'everybody, loves somebody, sometime'.... :) just bear in mind that these are always going to be subjective choices. one person likes apples, one person likes oranges; there's no wrong choices, just different.

K.

Gawain of Orkeny
11-23-2004, 19:11
Yes I know but Sinatra is definitly considered the greatest singer of all time.

Kaiser of Arabia
11-23-2004, 21:18
No I mean whoever I just tend to listen to mainly male vocalists.
This is anyone you want.
I just don't happen to (knowingly) listen to many female vocalists.