PDA

View Full Version : "Political map" for the Game, and RTR mod

rumcajsz
11-26-2004, 11:04
Hi!

I made some "political" maps for this game.

These are the 3 version of the RTW map
- Rome: Total war - Vanila
- Rome: Total war with Realism mod 2.2
- Rome: Total war with Realism mod 3.2
+ Legend

Here is the map page: RTW maps (http://lazarus.elte.hu/~hzsolt/html/rtw_terkepek.html)

TEP
11-26-2004, 11:45
Thank you! :bow: I was looking for something like this.

The maps are beautiful. Excellent work. ~:cheers: :rtwyes:
Did you rip them from the game somehow or draw them from scratch?

YAKOBU
11-26-2004, 11:55
Cheers rumcajsz ~:cheers:

rumcajsz
11-26-2004, 12:23
The maps are beautiful. Excellent work.
Thanks. I work a lot with maps.

Did you rip them from the game somehow or draw them from scratch?

The map information are in the data/world folder, in separeted .tga files.
(regions, montains, etc...)
I imported them into Corel Draw, and drawing the important informations. ~:cool:

therother
11-26-2004, 14:13
Indexed (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=624981). Excellent stuff. Thanks for this. :bow:

Tricky Lady
11-26-2004, 19:46
Looks great, and seems usefull to me.

Thanks rumcajsz, and a belated welcome to the Org!

rumcajsz
11-28-2004, 21:29
I get done with new (4.0) total realism map.
It is on my R:TW map page.
But it is not a final version, tomorow I will check
in the game.

BalkanTourist
11-28-2004, 22:57
Hi ~:wave:
First, thanks for your hard work!
Second, don't take this as criticism, but Looking at the map, I noticed, that you made a province next to Ilyria called Moesia. Now I know where that is (I was born there), and that is further to the east, where Thrace is on the map. And to be realistic, Thrace should be south of Moesia and Dacia should be to its north. Anchialus ( I am not even sure the correct spelling) is in Thrace, that is southern Bulgaria near present day port of Bourgas and Turkey.
So basicly: Moesia is north of the Balkan mountains, Dacia is beyond Danube in present day Romania, Thrace is south of the Balkan mountains in present day Bulgaria, Greece and European Turkey.
Now judging from these irregularities I'd have to be suspicious about the correctness of the rest of the map, although I'd have to make a research to be sure.
Again, I appreciate your work, and I find it to be better than the vanilla map, but I just don't think it is really realistic.
Best Regards, Milen
P.S. I am not as good with computers as you are for which I envy you. I've been fascinated with maps since I was very young. I like to study them and how they change through the years and centuries. Also I love History. And those are my strong points.

rumcajsz
11-29-2004, 09:53
Thank for your answer.
But I just making map by right of Rome Total realism mod.
I forward your mail to author of R:TR mod.

rumcajsz
03-10-2005, 09:19
I get done with Rome Total Realism 5.2 map.
It is on my R:TW map page (http://lazarus.elte.hu/~hzsolt/html/rtw_terkepek.html) .
:charge:

rumcajsz
02-15-2006, 11:05
I get done with new 6.0 Gold Rome Total Realism map.
It is on my R:TW map page: http://lazarus.elte.hu/~hzsolt/html/rtw_terkepek.html
:jumping:

Cras
02-15-2006, 13:03
very nice indeed... well done!!

I just found a remote settlement I had trouble finding!

they are gone now!

Braden
02-16-2006, 16:35
Ignore this - you've already done what I wanted.

gardibolt
02-17-2006, 00:27
Excellent work! You should mention here in the thread that you have done the map for BI as well--I know several people have been asking for that and now I know where to point them. And I like it too, of course!:book: I'd never really looked because the header made it look like it was just maps for RTR and I didn't realize that you had a BI map too.

pezhetairoi
02-19-2006, 01:35
Can you do one for EB too?

Azi Tohak
02-19-2006, 20:43
Those are great! Thanks. I don't know why the RTR team didn't do this. Gr. Anyway, this will really help my megalomania. Err, conquring.

Azi

Terry
02-24-2006, 05:46
rumcajsz,
Thank you very much for the great maps. I have been looking a long time for ones such as these.

Terry

Bartix
02-24-2006, 11:34
Thanking you very much! :2thumbsup:

rumcajsz
02-24-2006, 23:26
Thanks for All!

Excellent work! You should mention here in the thread that you have done the map for BI as well--I know several people have been asking for that and now I know where to point them. And I like it too, of course!:book: I'd never really looked because the header made it look like it was just maps for RTR and I didn't realize that you had a BI map too.

:oops: You're right, I forget it. :wall:

Those are great! Thanks. I don't know why the RTR team didn't do this. Gr. Anyway, this will really help my megalomania. Err, conquring.

Azi

Maybe they will. Dark ask me, but they not finised yet the map.

Patricius
02-25-2006, 04:07
That's very fine cartographic work. It really helps to have a map that can be printed out.

HalfThere
02-25-2006, 05:58
Oh, you do good work rumcajsz!

Upxl
02-25-2006, 09:33
ty :2thumbsup:

econ21
02-25-2006, 13:45
Only one comment: "add to favorites".

Well, no, that's rude - great work, thank you very much!

tai4ji2x
02-26-2006, 14:50
oooh, these are nice. mind making one for SPQR 6.0? :sweatdrop: