PDA

View Full Version : Yes more noob questions thanks!

djsway
12-03-2004, 18:43
Ok first you guys kick ass and thanks for the help, this game was kind of intimading at first but I've started playing it last night and I love it!
Anyways, I'm the Julii factions and have those tree towns. Here are some questions...

1. Why for some towns only a few buildings are available to build? Is it because I don't have enough money? I have two towns on the coast, one west and the other on the east coast. In one turn only the east coast town permitted me to build a port.

2. If I have a port, how do I start naval trades?

3. If I have a rebel army in my terrritory, should I always attack it?

4. In the middle of the screen for each town, under the town tab it shows icons of buildings or roads, does this show what the town has that is already built?

5. I fought a battle and reinforcements came in, I couldn't control those troops. How does the reinforcement formula work? When do you get reinforcements?

6. Here's another dumb question, when do you click end turn? When you used up all of your money to build? Is it good to not spend all of your cash?

7. For troops with missile, is there an ammo indicator? ~:)

Vlad Tzepes
12-03-2004, 19:17
1. Why for some towns only a few buildings are available to build? Is it because I don't have enough money?

4. In the middle of the screen for each town, under the town tab it shows icons of buildings or roads, does this show what the town has that is already built?

5. I fought a battle and reinforcements came in, I couldn't control those troops. How does the reinforcement formula work? When do you get reinforcements?

6. Here's another dumb question, when do you click end turn? When you used up all of your money to build? Is it good to not spend all of your cash?

7. For troops with missile, is there an ammo indicator? ~:)

Hi and welcome to the org,

1. It may be money, it may be level of development.

2. Naval trading starts automatically and gets bigger when upgrading the port (shipyard, dockyard etc).

3. You may attack or bribe. Better make them dissapear somehow, they influence income.

4. On what you describe, it seems it's already built structures. Try to right-click and look for the destruction icon (a hammer). Click on it. If you hear some crashing noises, it means it was a built structure ( ~;) ).

5. If reinforcements are lead by a general (familymember) they act on their own. Bad ideea to let this happen, the AI acts strangely.

6. Just your decision (later in the game, you won't be able to spend everything anyway).

7. Yes, watch the blue horizontal bar on the lower part of the unit card (in battle mode).

Hope this helps, but you'd better read carefuly the manual and surf this forum, all the answers are pretty much here. Good luck. ~:cheers:

djsway
12-03-2004, 19:24
Thanks, I'm kinda lazy on the reading part, my fault. But since that I'm a very busy billionaire I just don't have time to read. :laugh4:

Mazoch
12-03-2004, 21:13
*waves* Welcome, Just to expand a bit of Vlads answers

1. Why for some towns only a few buildings are available to build? Is it because I don't have enough money? I have two towns on the coast, one west and the other on the east coast. In one turn only the east coast town permitted me to build a port.

The most common reason for this is that that you haven't reached the needed level of development yet. If a building is buildable but you lack the money the icon will still be vissible, but semi-translucent. If the icon is not there, there can be one of two reasons:

Level of development. Cities have a certain 'level'. This work based on cize of the goventment structure build in the city. Building a bigger government building will give access to new / upgraded buildings. In order to build the next level of government buildings your town need to have a certain number of inhabitants. 2000 people for level 2, then 6000, 12000 and 24000 for the biggest. Lastly, on the building screen theres a 'building browser' button. This will show you a list of what buildings you can build, and what level of city it requires.

The second reason that you might be unable to build a building is that some buildings require you to have build another type of structure first. For example to build a lvl1 blacksmith you must first have a trader building. Again, you can see these under the building browser.

Navel and land trade is handled automatically by the computer. The bigger the port and the bigger the marketplace structure, the more you earn in general. So upgrade these to expand trade.

In general you'll want to get rid of rebels when you can, but theres no reason to set heaven and earth in motion to get it done asap. One potential benifit of rebels is that you can often use them as training for young generals. Grab a family memeber who could use some field practice and make a couple of units to ensure you can beat the rebles and have go at 'em. after a few small rebel fights the family member will be a lot more usefull in leading armies other places in your empire.

A quick way to get rid of them is to train a diplomat in a nearby city and just bribe them. It's usually rather cheap to bribe rebels, and with a diplomat you can get them out of your hair easily if you dont have a lot of troops nearby to send em packing the hard way.

As Vald said, yes it sounds like that the building overview. There should be a list of tabs. "Army" "buildings" "agents" and... I think one more :P Clicking on the building tab will show you what buildings have been constructed in the area. Note that roads counts as a building for the purpose of the game.

Again as Vlad said, theres no way to control these. Its a pain in the.. well.. If possible avoid having your troops come in under computer control.. the AI for enemies and friends alike is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

The quick answer is that you click end turn when you've done everything you wanted to do in the turn :P In the early stages of the game money management can be something of a challange. In time things get a lot better and you can better afford to spend on everything you want to buy. Personally i generally tend to try to keep all my towns building something usefull if i can afford to. early on I generally find myself spending all the money i recive at the beginning of the turn.

7. For troops with missile, is there an ammo indicator?

Again, as vlad said, the blue bar indicates the number of missils left. I belive the 'arcade style battles' (you can set your battles to arcade style at the beginning of the campaing) turns off limmited missils as well as a few other factors.

Good luck with the game :charge:

djsway
12-03-2004, 22:25
Thanks guys! I can't wait to go home and play it again... my gf is going to hate this game like she hates Battlefield Vietnam, & Desert Combat. ~D