PDA

View Full Version : Making the enemy attack

Slon
12-05-2004, 08:36
There are few places in the game where placing 1-2 units will block off a pass completely. Placing a unit near a city also doesn't work because the enemy just goes around and attacks the city. So, basically, I end up having to go on the offensive even though my enemy is the attacked and I am defending my province! While attacking a beseiging army from behind is much better than sallying forth from the city, I find it frustrating that I am the one that has to "attack" in order to "defend". Is there a way to make the enemy attack a unit instead of just beseiging my settlement and waiting for it to fall or for me to attack?

ergothead
12-05-2004, 09:48
The only way I know of, unless you can block off all routes to the city, is to make your army more attractive to attack than the city. In other words, put some units into the city and make the AI think that your army is an easier target than the city itself.

Don't forsake being offensive. If you are on offensea, you can pretty safely split a force, the enemy, more often than not, will just hold their position and wait for you to attack. This can give as devastating advantage to the attacker vs. AI.

Shottie
12-05-2004, 17:07
Im in the Macedon campaign, and I think its perfect. I put about 2 units in a fort, and I put those forts in the canyons, and it works, I havnt been touched by the Romans and because of that I can couquer the GC without someone getting on my back with a raid or something. :balloon2:

Chimpyang
12-05-2004, 18:50
Well ,if there is a choke point neart the city........BLOCK it!..... If there isnt....advance right towards the enemy army and stop just in front of it, the enemy could have no choice but to attack you or take a longer way around you.