PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a diplomat

rebelscum
12-09-2004, 17:59
Akha: My name is Akhaenniut Philopater, *clears throat*, your obedient servant. I come before you today to bring an offer from glorious Pharaoh. Trade rights between yourselves and Egypt would bring vast wealth to both our countries ....
Fat foreign family member: *Pompously* Well would it now, Achnut Philowhassit. Maybe your Pharaoh wants to stitch us up for another 1000 denarii, like you did six months ago with your phoney map information scam.
Akha: By Isis and Osiris I assure you that map information was legitimate. I myself was sold it in good faith. And if it pleases your honour, my name is Akhaenniut , the K is pronounced 'k' as in basket, not ch as in lunch .
FFFM: It doesn't please me and whatever! The bloody map was blank!
Akha: Well, it was a map of the Eastern desert sire. Deserts are known for their featureless qualities ...
FFFM: *confused by logic* That aside, I'm still pissed.
Akha: *bows*, maybe I could compensate you by offering your grace a regular tribute.
FFFM *munching on chicken leg*: Sounds good Achnut! Ow much?
Akha: *quietly to himself* Its 'k', ' not ch'. *loudly* ten denarii every six months for five years.
FFFM: Ow much does that work out as?
Akha: *gets out abacus and busies himself*: one thousand denarii your grace.
FFFM: You sure? *searches for an excuse for incompetence* Anyways, erm, my mathematician has died, strangely enough just after drinking some of that spiced wine your Pharaoh sent me last time. Gives me chronic heartburn, so I didn't have any myself.
Akha: *quickly changing the subject* Yes quite sure your honour. *Extravagantly* You will be covered in gold sire. You can buy fine robes from the grand bazaar for that little servant girl you lust after.
FFFM: *sheepishly*: What do you know about me and the little servant girl?
Akha: Nothing sire. However I can get you a cheap deal on perfume gifts this month, only 50 denarii. *winks* It is reputed to send the women wild with the lust of a thousand rabbits, if you know what I mean *nudge nudge*.
FFFM: *embarassed* Shut it minion!
Akha: Your honour *bows*.
FFFM: I think your a bit of a w 'ankh' er, Aknut! *royal court laughs along with bad joke*. (To all) I always wanted to do that one.
Akha: Your highness has the wit of a Camelus dromedarius.
FFFM: Thank you ... I think. *looks pleased with himself*.
Akha: On the subject of gifts, my lord. My most glorious Pharaoh has a gift for you.
FFFM: I'm intrigued A 'k' hnut. *sarcasticly* Pray tell, what is this gift? And make it snappy.
Akha: A gift of information sire, and with the blessings of the most high god of gods RA himself, may I relate it to you.
FFFM: What part of 'make it snappy don't you understand!'.
Akha:*ignores FFFM and continues loquaciously* Your highness must have heard rumours of a Rebel faction deep within our terrirory, who have an absolute hatred for you, your empire and everything you stand for.
FFFM: *angrily* No, who are these bastards!?
Akha: *thinks* They call themselves the ... 'youranassholeians'. A most foul and evil tribe that must have spewed from the rectal passage of the great god Set himself. They spend the whole day concocting nasty things to say about your highness, and scrawl lewd effigies of you upon the rocks.
FFFM: Effigies like what!?
Akha: Well one of the most well known is of your highness bending over a stable door, whilst a rampant bull takes pleasure with your ...
FFFM: *Cuts him short* .... I get the picture. And you say these bitches live in your territory do you.
Akha: Yes sire, the 'bitches' do. *allows a pause to let FFFM formulate his own ideas*
FFFM: Would your Pharaoh give us leave to march our armies through his lands?
Akha: *With pre-rehearsed aplomb* Indeed sire, with the provision of only 3000 denarii.
FFFM: Done!! *shouts to all* Saddle up boys, we've got some rebels to trounce!. Where exactly do these rebels live by the way?
Akha: Your highness ... *moves close* Well there's this valley you see, it leads to a cul de sac where the vile rebel village is located. With high sided cliffs the only way in is via a small track .. so you would have to dismount and leave the horses outside .......
~;)

Mikeus Caesar
12-09-2004, 18:04
Hehe, very clever. I like that, i like it alot.

Rubber Ducky
12-10-2004, 07:56
Haha very well written. Haven't had a good laugh at this forum for a long time :) More I demand more!

Somebody Else
12-10-2004, 08:06
Good... but neglected to sell him map information.

Shadow
12-10-2004, 12:50
More!!!!! :whip:

KiOwA
12-10-2004, 14:44
Excellent rib, man. Sums up nicely how crocked diplomacy can be at times.

rebelscum
12-10-2004, 17:22
The month of Set 252 BC, Pharaohs palace, Memphis
Teenage Pharaoh: Akhaennuit, my most influential diplomat. Mother asks, *reads quickly from scroll*, What news from Sidon? Have we broken the seige? Are my armies victorious, the Seleucid dogs running for the hills as my magician has predicted? Do you have the head of Gyras the Handsome spiked at the gates for all transgressors to see? *breathes* Tell me the Parthian hyenas have also been crushed in the Assyrian desert by my magnificent cavalry!
*closes scroll* And most importantly, did you bring me the throwing stick I wanted!
Akha: Your honour, yes and no.
Teenage Pharaoh: What do you mean yes and no? I shall not have evil news this day. Mother has already been on at me about the state of my chambers and I am not in a good mood.
Akha: Your glorious incarnate of Horus, allow me to explain. Since your honour ingeniously decided to make war on the Seleucid Empire, the Parthians and the Numidians all in the space of a week, all because they wouldn't agree to your idea of turning the Eastern Med into a tourist resort for Germanian and Britannian barbarians, I have marched for days across the dryest deserts, spent many nights in the most flea infested quarters Jerusalem has to offer. My feet have blisters the size of camel humps, I've been chased by dogs, bitten by rats the size of cats. *pinching fingers* I came this close to co-starring with 'Goliath the lion with the biggest teeth in the world' in the mothly games at Antioch, and I have a nasty case of herpes to boot.
Teenage Pharaoh: I'm not liking your tone! Anyway if you don't like it, I can always find some other diplomat who does.
Akha: *meekly* Your majesty, I was just relating to you how hard I have been working for your glorious benefit.
Teenage Pharaoh: Sounds to me like you've been slacking off! Anyways, I still don't know whats going on in my Empire. I'm bored, I want news and I want it now. Get on with it or I book 'Goliath the lion with the biggest teeth in the world' to do a tour of Egypt, and guess who will be there at opening night.
Akha: Your honour. *very cautiously* Sire, as for Sidon, the walls of Sidon have fallen and the Seleucids have ravaged the city, killed your cousin Khnumhoptep, his entire family, retinue and even his slaves. His head is spiked upon the gates for all transgressors to see.
Your planned attack in Assyria has failed, the Parthians have ambushed your cavalry and slaughtered them to a man. Your magician has run off, talking with him the entire gold reserve. A vast Numidian army marches on Alexandria, even now your fleet is burning in the harbour. A great plague has infested all of Egypt, and the slaves are revolting. We, your honour, are all doomed.
Teenage Pharaoh: *Sucks finger* Have you got the stick or not?
Akha: *takes out stick and hands it to the boy* Yes sire, do I ever fail you.
Teenage Pharaoh: *whirls stick with glee* Nope. Now go out and sort out that other stuff for me. Mummy said I could have friends round for tea, and I want to practice my stick.
Akha: *backs away courteously* Your honour.
:dizzy2:

All the nice comments were much appreciated, thanks guys.

aw89
12-10-2004, 17:32
roflmao

great work! more, more!

I NEED MORE!!!

Sin Qua Non
12-10-2004, 21:47
And who says diplomacy doesn't work in this game? ~D

ghostcamel
12-10-2004, 22:22
Oh man. This is CLASSIC! ~:cheers:

And here i was destesting all Rebels and the Scum they rode in on. Do i have egg on my face or what?

I demand more witty reposts from mine most exalted lackey....NOW!
:bow:

Heinrich VI
12-11-2004, 07:23
LOL - very good. give us more "your honour" ~:cool:

Besieger
12-11-2004, 08:54
outstanding!!!

rebelscum
12-11-2004, 15:10
A small and rather unpleasant looking inn somewhere outside Eburacum 253 B.C (York - England)
*Rain rain and more rain, two down trodden diplomats prop up the bar*
Ata (A Dacian diplomat): *stirs bowl of cold porridge* So Akha, how long have you been here on this pig sty of an island?
Akha: Too long, almost two years. Ever since Pharaoh thought that an alliance with these barbarians would give the Romans *spits* something to think about before launching an invasion upon us.
Ata: So it’s taken you two years to forge this alliance!
Akha: Well, it has been a lot harder than you would think. Every time I come close to an agreement, these barbarians get excited, drop everything and rush off to invade some neighboring province. More often than not, the barbarian king dies in some tremendously brave but completely idiotic charge into massed ranks of enemy spearmen, and I have to start negotiating all over again. Even if I possessed all the magical powers of Isis herself, I don't think I could make this alliance work.
Ata: So Pharaoh won't be pleased then?
Akha: That is putting it lightly. The last diplomat who came back without an alliance ended up singing soprano with the 'Memphis eunuch quartet'.
Ata: *grimaces* What are you going to do?
Akha: Make my way slowly back through Gaul, maybe take in the sites. I like Gaul, at least the god Ra casts his holy visage upon the place once in a while. I don't think he even knows this place exists. *daydreams* For some palatable food and wine *licks lips*. I mean look at this slop, what do they call this, 'porr-idge'. I wouldn't feed this elephant dung to my worst enemy.
Ata: I know what you mean. *eyes bowl suspiciously* Oh to be back in Dacia. I had a smallholding near Segestica. I was going to farm pigs you know. Intelligent creatures pigs, smart like dogs!
Akha: Had?
Ata: Well since the Romans invaded and exterminated everyone and everything they came across, down to the smallest insect. There is nothing really to go back to.
Akha: By Osiris, that is a shame. These Romans, what is it that drives them to want conquer and rule over all the world?. It is as if some divine despotic hand were controlling their every action ...
Ata: Heh, yes, the all conquering Romans. I know a small village of indomitable Gauls that .....
Akha: *shies away from plagiarism* So since the Romans conquered your faction, that technically makes you unemployed.
Ata: Well, I like to say, between jobs.
Akha: I'd like to get out of this diplomat lark myself, but I don't really know what else I could do. My brother has a nice little business embalming cats in Thebais.
Ata: Embalming cats, great. What's the money like?
Akha: Not bad, overheads are low. Well to tell the truth it’s a bit of a con really.
Ata: How so?
Akha: Well the thing is, these embalmed cats are meant to be placed in tombs along with the dead. So my brother goes along with the assumption that the buyer isn't likely to unwrap the bandages beforehand to make sure that they are really getting a cat.
Ata: I see. What are they getting?
Akha: Anything that comes to hand really, old bones, stones, sticks, bits of rope. There is quite a shortage of cats in Egypt, a lot of hungry people. The gist of it is, as long as it looks like a cat, the punters are happy. I just hope that Osiris sees the funny side when they reach the afterlife.
Ata: Ho.
*Two surly looking Britons enter the Inn*
Ata: Look out, here come the locals. Check out the hair!
Akha: Why do you think they call them barb 'hairy ones'.
Ata: Its not so much the hair, it's all the woad they smear on themselves. I mean, walking around with bright blue genitals is not my idea of a good time.
Akha: Well in this country my genitals are permanently blue with the cold. I looked at my manhood the other day, and I swear it was two inches shorter than before I got here.
*The locals plonk themselves down at a table within earshot*
Akha: Time to go I think. (To all) Your honours, may the great goddess Isis bless and keep you safe this day.

Barbarian one: What did he say? Something about 'we being honest' and 'his blessed eyes saving the day'.
Barbarian two: Yeah, bloody foreigners, why don't they just go home.

aw89
12-11-2004, 18:23
great! "I'm Loving It!"

more pleace?

Shadow
12-11-2004, 18:25
Nice Job ~;)

Keep them coming :bow:

TheDuck
12-12-2004, 01:58
Excellent stuff Rebelscum... hats off!

I take it that you are somewhat fond of 'The Fifth Element'?

Rurik the Chieftain
12-13-2004, 02:11
Oh man, thats good stuff. I can see it now...

Akha:I will sell you this map for 1000 denarii for 3 turns.
Some diplomat:No way!
Akha:What about 900 denarii for 99999 turns?
Some diplomat:Ok,Sure!

rebelscum
12-13-2004, 06:04
254 B.C Roman Legionary Camp just outside Tarsus
Roman General Silvius Servus: (just ending his pre-battle speech with gusto) .. remember, you men are the best of the best, and we Romans shall conquer .. THE WORLD!
*triumphant shouts and clashing of shields*
Akha: *walks up and bows low* Sire .. if I may interrupt your grand speech for a second. I bring you a ceasefire treaty from great Pharaoh.
SS: *turns to face Akha* What's this? Aha, so the cur wants to surrender does he! *with great bravado* Well you can tell him from me that he can stick his treaty where the sun doesn't shine. Nobody gets away from the invincible Silvius Servus that easily. Do they men?
*rowdy cheers*
Akha: Actually your honour. Pharaoh would like you to know that his army of crack troops outnumbers yours twenty to one, and funnily enough has you completely surrounded. He would also like you to know that your strategic position is untenable. If you haven't already noticed, *gestures around* you have set up camp in a featureless valley, with absolutely no means of egress. You have few rations for a prolonged siege, and by the god awful stench, no sanitation either. Oh yes, before I forget, if you look at that long dark line that stretches from one end of this valley to the other. That consists of no less than a thousand archers, who impatiently await the order to let fly upon this fort in .. erm ..*looks up at sun* .. about five minutes. However, to save un-needed bloodshed, great Pharaoh offers you the option to drop your weapons, withdraw your paultry forces from this region, and take your sorry behinds back to Rome on the first ship that passes.
SS: *face red with anger* H .. ho .. how dare the blackguard transgress against the glorious might of Rome. *bombastically* I the noble Silvius Servus who won the battle of lower Galatia .. who captured and sacked the city of Ancyra .. beloved of both the people and the Senate, l .. l .. leave the field of glory .. NEVER. The taking of Tarsus willl be my shining hour. *eyes close into daydream* Then I shall return to Rome in glory, be covered in gold and given a seat in the senate where I belong! . *with renewed vigour* Listen not to this 'son of a desert jackal' men. Just this morning I made offerings to the gods, and my seers have read the entrails of a sacred chicken. They all tell me the ides (portents) are well in our favour. Tell Pharaoh to prepare himself for an almighty thrashing! Isn't that right men?
*a few doubtful yays*
Akha: Sire, *smugly* from what I hear, the battle of Galatia was fought between your Roman legions and a witless band of pox ridden peasants, average age fifty nine, whos arsenal consisted of nothing more than a sharpened stick and a small bag of rocks. As for Ancyra, I wouldn't call three mottle and daub huts with adjacent cow field .. a city. In fact, your honour, isn't it true that your last command was slaughtered to man by a band of lightly armed rebels, whilst you quit the field and fled for the hills as soon as you noticed it wasn't going .. erm .. quite as you planned.
*subtle sound of pilums dropping to the ground*
SS: *nonplussed* Lies, damn lies. I should cut out your tongue minion and hear no more of your devious prattle. I the illustrious Silvius Servus with my crack legionaries will prevail. See for yourself, you cannot weaken the resolve of these proud brave Romans, every one a hero, isn't that right men .... men *turns to see large cloud of dust heading towards the coast*
Akha: One final thing your honour. We intercepted a rider carrying this rather interesting message addressed to you from the head of the senate .. if I may. *takes out scroll*
It reads, and I quote .. Silvius you great big lumbering oaf. If 'you' don't get your finger out of your bloody backside and actually conquer something more fitting to the might of the 'Roman Empire' than a small backwoods hamlet with adjacent cow field. I swear to Jupiter, I will have you tied up and dragged back to Rome by your bleeding ears ... blah blah blah .. Circus Maximus .. blah blah blah .. flayed to the bone .. blah blah .. arms and legs pulled off by horse drawn chariots.
.. shall I continue.
SS: *shaken and lost for words*
Akha: You better hurry up or you might miss the boat, your honour.

aw89
12-13-2004, 15:12
great work! more! :director:

between me and you, were the romans realy surrounded?

rebelscum
12-13-2004, 15:15
Ah, that would be telling. ~;)

Shadow
12-13-2004, 17:17
Encore! Encore! :director:

I think they are not surrounded ~:cool:

aw89
12-13-2004, 19:28
c'mon rebelscum, i wont tell anyone! ;)

m4rt14n
12-14-2004, 08:49
Shoulda told the romans u'd be their protectorate lol.

rebelscum
12-14-2004, 16:18
Sometime 252 B.C Pharaohs palace, Memphis
Pharaoh: Ah Akhaenniut Philopater, I see you have returned swiftly from Nabataea. I hope that my bribe of two thousand denarii was sufficient to secure the city of Bostra. As you well know, the city is of upmost importance in my plans against the Parthians. I have one thousand troops committed, ready to move in and prepare the defences.
Akha: *lowest of bows* Indeed sire. Unfortunately, there has been a slight 'technical' hitch.
Pharaoh: *puzzled* What sort of technical hitch?
Akha: *meekly* The governor of Bostra now wants twenty thousand denarii, or 'they will attack', your highness.
Pharaoh: *livid* Twenty thousand denarii!! And how in the name of Isis can they warrant that amount?
Akha: *stands* Well your honour, allow me to break it down for you. *takes out scroll* To begin with, seven thousand buys you the city and surrounding lands, councilors chambers, municipal buildings, farms etc etc. Five thousand buys you the governor, his family, his retinue, diplomats, spys, slaves and so on. Four thousand buys his army captains, their troops and most importantly their loyalty. You may also want to allow some money to re-equip them. Three thousand buys the secret police, minor officials, harbour master, judges and priests, who control the population and the trade. One thousand will buy food and festivities, such as the throwing of games, this will definitely sway the population. You wouldn't want them to be displeased about the takeover, or you may find yourself with a rebellion on your hands sire. A few other minor bits and pieces, but that's about it!
Pharaoh: *ponders* I still think its way too much! Akhaenniut, you are my most trusted advisor, what do 'you' think?
Akha: *with aplomb* I would say, 'take the deal' sire. Remember how important the city is to your strategic position in the region. You cannot however afford a prolonged siege sire, as the armies of Parthia will soon be approaching. As I see it, there really is no time to loose.
Pharaoh: Ok, as you have so eloquently explained the position, twenty thousand it is! Go to the treasury and draw as much gold as you need.
Akha: *quickly* I will also need another one thousand denarii for expenses sire.
Pharaoh: *slaps forehead* More money!, where will it end?. *resigned* Ok, just get the deal done, and do not fail me!.
Akha: *bows even lower than before* Your honour.
~Ten minutes later outside the palace~
Akha: Ok, here's your two thousand denarii. *roughly hands over bag of gold* Pharaoh says 'take it or leave it' or there will be trouble, Kapish!
Governor of Bostra: *timidly* Ok .. ok. I must say, your Pharaoh drives a hard bargain.
Akha: Indeed. Now you better be out by morning, or as I warned you, our armies will be storming the walls by noon.
Governor: Tell exalted Pharaoh the city of Bostra is his.
Akha: *smirks* You can be sure about that.

Sin Qua Non
12-14-2004, 17:42
How old is Akka? I certainly hope we have many more years of diplomatic intrigue with him!

Zatoichi
12-14-2004, 17:54
There's another thread about people's favourite historical movies... I'd like to say I'll watch any that rebelscum writes!

"Akhaenniut Philopater - A Bribe Too Far"
"Akhaenniut Philopater - How to get ahead in Map selling"
Akhaenniut Philopater - Carry On Diplomacy"
"The Bribe of Akhaenniut Philopater"

Ok, I'll stop now...

rebelscum
12-15-2004, 01:02
Are there any budding cartoonists out there who might like to draw the next sketch? :book:

Kraxis
12-15-2004, 11:04
Oh yes, please let there be someone. Or someone who can make screenshots for this. I have seen enough screenshots to be sure there can be one for every possible encounter (just check the screenshot thread at the .com).

HopAlongBunny
12-15-2004, 12:55
Great stuff rebelscum !

Please tell us more! ~:)

rebelscum
12-15-2004, 15:30
Beautiful city of Athens 251 B.C The Imperial palace
Akha: *laying it on thick as usual* Your most gracious eminence. I bring sincere greetings and presents from your old friend and most trusted ally, the glorious incarnate of Horus and ruler of Egypt, Pharaoh.
Counsilus Taxus, Emperor of the Greek Cities: Welcome Akhaenniut Philopater, it is good to see you again. Please convey my kind regards to Pharaoh, my old friend and most trusted ally.
Akha: *bows* Indeed I will sire. Now may I present you with Pharaohs gift.
CT: *gracious wave* Please go ahead.
Akha: *Takes present from bag* With the blessings of Pharaoh, I present you with this toy puppet made by the finest toymakers in Egypt.
CT: *aghast* A .. p .. p .. puppet. What is Pharaoh trying to say? He thinks I'm a puppet doesn't he! Well if anyones a puppet round here it's him. At least I didn't take my country by force!
Akha: *bows* I am sure Pharaoh meant nothing but good will your highness.
CT: *angry* Well you can tell Pharaoh from me, the time has come for this alliance to end. No Greek shall ever be ridiculed before his people!
Akha: That is a great shame. *meekly* There is one more thing your honour.
CT: *snaps* What is it?, make it quick before I have you flogged.
Akha: Pharaoh wishes you to know that your beautiful daughter, who as you know is on a tour of our great country, is with child!
CT: *positively livid* Pregnant, my precious daughter! Who would dare to defile the fairest flower of all Greekdom?
Akha: The 'bunmaker' is unknown sire. However, great Pharaoh wishes you to know that he will marry her, but only with the provision of fifty thousand denarii.
CT: *jumps out of chair shouting* He's gone too far this time the bastard! Tell him to prepare himself for all out WAR!! Now remove yourself from this place before I have you beheaded and your entrails fed to the dogs!
Akha: Your honour *backs away bowing*.. I shall return your decision to Pharaoh!

~City of Memphis, Pharaohs palace, almost a week later~
Pharaoh: *In the pink* I don't know how you did it Akhaenniut Philopater! I've been waiting ages to make war on those Greek bastards, with their airs and graces about democracy, philosophy and other fancy crap. Now, as they started it, we can blame it all on them. *chuffed* The Greeks other allies have already broken off diplomatic relations with them, and the Macedons want to pay us handsomely to form an alliance.
Akha: Always an honour to please your highness.
Pharaoh: You will be covered in gold for this Akhaenniut. By the way, I see you've shacked up with the little Greek princess. Fancy bit of stuff that, nice boobs *cups hands under chest*, I had my eye on her myself. Never mind, she can be part of your reward for a job well done!
Akha: *bows* Your honour.
(This episode was inspired by real life events, well except the getting the bird up the duff bit)

drone
12-15-2004, 18:52
Someone at CA needs to hire rebelscum to do pre-battle speeches for the expansion. I think we should demand it!
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=40948

jimmyM
12-15-2004, 18:56
:laugh4: ahh, if only there were an "impregnate ruler's daughter" option for diplomats, 'twould be a reel treat...give him some audio file along the lines of
"i'll lie back and think of the empire, sir" :laugh4:

master of the puppets
12-17-2004, 01:18
lol great stuff rebelscum i master of the puppets relieve you of your slavery so you can be a free not rebel uh scummy...guy

whatever just write more stories

rebelscum
12-24-2004, 16:44
Akha: Merry Xmas everyone, and a happy new year!
More from Akha after the holidays.
:elf: ~:santa:

master of the puppets
12-26-2004, 01:05
WAHOOOOOOO
MERRRY CHRISTMAS
I GOT THAT LONGBOW I WANTED!!!!! ~D
(parents still don't trust me with a sword though)
OH OH I KNOW IF ANYONE CAN SELL ME A QUALITY SWORD I WILL PAY YOU A LOT
IF YOU SCREW ME OVER I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND SHOVE THAT SWORD SO FAR UP YOUR ASS IT WILL CUT YOU BRAIN
peace on earth and a merry christmas ~:cheers:
happy hanukah
and a crappy ramadan

master of the puppets
01-04-2005, 03:57
WTF ITS JANUARY 3 MAKE MORE ENTRIES REBELSCUM please :embarassed:

rebelscum
01-05-2005, 14:55
WTF ITS JANUARY 3 MAKE MORE ENTRIES REBELSCUM please :embarassed:
Akha: My scribe has been on holiday, please be patient?
~;)

rebelscum
01-06-2005, 04:26
Akhaenniut and the Roman Legion

[Lepcis Magna (or to some Sepcis Magna) 258 BC, the tent of Legatus Noxious Odorous, Commander 3rd Legion]
NO: *waving arms about wildly* Bloody flies, this is almost a plague! *swats and catches about five flies, wipes hand on toga* Anyway where was I .. oh yes .. ibis .. sphinx.
Egyptian Scribe: Ok so far I've got ankh, eye, eye with legs, man walking above river, ibis, sphinx, is that it?
NO: Erm, no I want this letter to be word perfect, you better stick an arm and a lion in there just to be sure.
Scribe: *quietly to himself* I wish you would go stick your arm in a lion *chisels away* .. Ok done.
NO: Right, I want this delivered to my secret agent straight away by our fastest rider, and don't go sending it by second class foot like you did last time, or I'll have you chiseling the complete history of Egypt starting with the first spot of rain that created the Nile.
*Scribe bows and makes quick exit*
NO: Now where is that damn librarious legionus! (clerk).
LL: *scruffy looking middle aged legionary marches in and clumps to attention* Ave Legatus!
NO: Never mind that!, what are you going to do about all these flies and that god awful smell?
LL: Well sir, erm, its the drains you see, they keep backing up with sand blowing in from the desert! We dig them out, but they fill up again by the next morning.
NO: Well get the men to dig them out at night as well! By Jupiter, sometimes I think I'm surrounded by morons!

[Later the next day]
LL: *marches in and clumps to attention* Ave Legatus, a messenger has arrived by horse, shall I show him in?
NO: No, leave him standing outside my tent until his legs drop off, of course show him in you idiot!
LL: *loudly* Send in the messenger!
Messenger Roman: *panting* Ave Legatus!
NO: Yes yes, I take it this is the reply from my secret agent!
*Takes tablet and reads it*
NO: Perfect! *slams hand on table*, I have them just where I want them. It seems Pharaoh has been a little sneaky, I knew he was planning an attack. According to my agent he has camped his army in the desert just beyond the eastern hills. I think a swift surprise counter attack with about 4 cohorts should suffice. Ah why compromise, I'll take most of the legion. *clenches fist* I'll give Pharaoh the thrashing he deserves. As well as that, I'll be glad to get out of this rotten stink for a day or two. Librarious legionus send in the guide.
LL: *even louder* Send in the guide!
NO: Gnnnn.
Guide: *enters and bows* Your honour.
NO: Ah guide there you are, I want you to take us through the eastern hills to this spot *points to a spot in the middle of large blank bit on a map*, I take it you know the way?
Guide: Of course sire, it is not more than a days easy march.
NO: Thats all I needed to know. Librarious legionus, tell the primus pilus to get the legion ready to move out!
LL: *shouts* GET THE LEGION READY TO MOVE OUT!
NO: *slaps hand on own face, fingers spread*

[Just over a day later]
NO: I'm sure I've seen that funny shaped hill before guide!
Guide: Your honour, much of this desert looks the same, I can assure you we are near to where you wished to go.
NO: Well you better be right, my men are starting to crumble in this heat.

[Three days later, somewhere in the middle of the desert]
NO: :furious3: This is all your fault librarious legionus!, where did you hire that guide from? Get him back here and find out where the hell we are!
LL: *sheepishly* I was going to question him sir, before that big sandstorm got up, but he seems to have .. erm .. slipped away.
NO: *reaches for his gladius*
LL: :help:

[Pharaohs palace, Memphis (yes that one)]
Akha: Indeed mighty Pharaoh, Lepcis Magna is practically undefended. Just the VII cohort remains, mostly trainees and raw recruits. One look at our army coming over the hill and I'm sure they will pack up and head for home.
Pharaoh: *smiles* Tell me again how you managed to get the whole of the Roman legion blindly chasing around in the desert without me having to advance a single unit of my men?
Akha: Well first of all there was a little matter of sanitation ...

Shaitan
01-06-2005, 07:02
Very nice.

Shaitan

Shadow
01-06-2005, 07:53
Very good as usual ~D

Kraxis
01-07-2005, 03:03
Hehe, great... Do a bribe of an army with a family member next time. Or one of those crazy counter offers, or even one of those baffling refusals at ceasefires when down to one city. ~D

master of the puppets
01-07-2005, 03:48
SOMEONE HELP ME!!!
MY PARENTS HAVE GROUNDED ME OFF THE COMPUTER
NO FORUM OR ROME TOTAL WAR!
HELP ME MY PARENTS ARE TRYING TO SQUASH ANY INDIVIDUALLITY I HAVE AND DESTROY MY THIRST FOR BLOOD AND SLAUGHTER

HELP ME PLEASE

this is a serios plea any help for escaping parents

also great story rebelscum, worth the wait

Kraxis
01-07-2005, 04:06
SOMEONE HELP ME!!!
HELP ME MY PARENTS ARE TRYING TO SQUASH ANY INDIVIDUALLITY I HAVE AND DESTROY MY THIRST FOR BLOOD AND SLAUGHTER

HELP ME PLEASE

Parents are ultimately much more powerful than you, so there is little you can do but weather the storm and come out again when it has calmed down.

Arrowhead
01-07-2005, 18:19
SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

HELP ME PLEASE

If they ever go out and leave you alone, be on that comp like a shot!
Or be rebellious,and sabotage things.

Shadow
01-07-2005, 18:31
I agree with Arrowhead on be on that comp like a shot! but rebellious,and sabotage things is not a good choice cause they may find out it's you who did it then you are in for it (GROUNDED FOR A YEAR!!!)

better just sit it out and wait for it to pass.

drone
01-07-2005, 19:02
I agree with Arrowhead on be on that comp like a shot! but rebellious,and sabotage things is not a good choice cause they may find out it's you who did it then you are in for it (GROUNDED FOR A YEAR!!!)

better just sit it out and wait for it to pass.
If your parents are computer savvy, be careful. IE/Mozilla/Firefox history and URL logs can show that you are on the forums, and saved games have dates on them. Windows also keeps track of recently opened apps. Good luck, I tried stuff like this all the time when I was a kid. ~D

Divinus Arma
01-08-2005, 16:05
SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

HELP ME PLEASE

Don't sweat it MoP. One day you will be 'all grown up' and you can pay the bills and work 50+ hours a week just like the rest of us adults. Then you can do anything you want. Until then, "suck it up", figure out how you screwed yourself and then avoid doing it again.

Your parents aren't trying to "squash your individuality". They just don't want to end up supporting you when you are 30 or see you with a career at WalMart.

Okay, that's my two cents. And I'm closer to being a kid than I like to admit!

Divinus Arma
01-08-2005, 16:06
Now, on with the Diary of the Diplomat!

rebelscum
01-11-2005, 03:28
[A small unpretentious looking inn, Jerusalem 256 B.C, a diplomatic conference is in deep session]
Greek Diplomat (Very put upon): My Egyptian friend, now you know it would be beneficial to both our countries if you would accept our trade agreement.
Akha: Indeed it would my friend. Well of course you would have to come to an agreement on a ceasefire with our Armenian allies first.
Greek Diplomat: *curtly* Of course, we were just about to discuss that!
Armenian Diplomat (slightly worse for wine): *slurring* We could not agree to a ceashhfire for no leshh than ten shousand denarii *hics*.
Greek Diplomat: *aghast* Ten thousand denarii, Hades take you to hell you cur! That is way too much. I thought we could just shake on it.
Akha: Unfortunately it seems not.
Greek diplomat: *up to here with it all* Very well then. We will rise above your slurs on our honour and accept this crude and insulting proposal but only for the good of our people!
Akha: Right the ceasefire is settled!
Greek Diplomat: Yes, we vow to keep the peace with Armenia, even though they are sons of dogs.
Armenian Diplomat: Woof!
Greek Diplomat: Right, on to the matter of our trade agreement.
Akha: Very well my friend, glorious Pharaoh belives that this trade agreement would benefit the Greek cities rather more than Egypt, so we would require the provision of , lets say, five thousand denarii.
Greek Diplomat: *stressed out* What! I thought you said ..
Akha: I said that you would have to come to a ceasefire agreement first before we would even consider it.
Greek diplomat: Well .. I suppose you did. Very well, *in a huff* however if the Armenians want trade rights with us they will have to give us five thousand denarii! *glares at Armenian who cocks a snoot at him*
Akha: Gentlemen, let us settle this with decorum. I have it all worked out. *to Greek diplomat* First you give me fifteen thousand denarii.
Greek Diplomat: Ok so I give you the ten thousand I owe him and the five thousand I owe you.
Akha: Correct. *to Armenian diplomat* Now you lend me five thousand denarii for a minute so I can do this.
Armenian Diplomat: Rishh, I lend you five shousand.
Akha: *to Armenian diplomat* Now, he still owes you ten thousand denarii, yes.
Armenian Diplomat: *scratches head* Erm, I think so.
Akha: *to Armenian diplomat* Ok so if you give me the five thousand denarii you owe him, as he owes me five thousand, and I'll give you back the ten thousand he owes you.
Greek Diplomat: Are you sure thats right?
Akha: *feigning great insult* By the great god Artemis, I was schooled in mathematics at the greatest academy in all Egypt, if there is one thing I know, it is how to deal money.
Armenian diplomat: He dushh you know, are you thick or shumthing.
Akha: *to Greek diplomat* As you think there is a problem, let us do this again another way. Right, first you give him twenty thousand denarii, that includes the five thousand denarii you owe me and the ten thousand you owe him and you lend him five thousand.
Greek Diplomat: *trying hard to keep abreast of things* Ok, I give him twenty thousand denarii.
Akha: Correct. *to Armenian diplomat* Now you give me fifteen thousand denarii, that includes the five thousand he owes me and the five thousand denarii you borrowed off him and you lend me five thousand. *to Greek diplomat* Now he still owes you the five thousand he borrowed from you, yes. *to Armenian diplomat* Now all I do is give him five thousand. See it's simple, even a child could have worked that one out.
Greek Diplomat: *with arms crossed to Armenian diplomat* Yes even a child could have worked that one out!
Akha: So now we are all happy?
Both Diplomats together: Yesh!
Akha: Good.
Aristotle once said "All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire"
He forgot alcohol!

Redz " Preatorian Knights"
01-11-2005, 07:02
this is good, :book: its nice to have people arround like this....
We want more more more>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

rebelscum
01-11-2005, 15:15
I'm thinking of reposting this as someone decided to gripe about being banned from their PC which makes for harder reading! Anyone agree or am I being too finnicky?

Fridge
01-11-2005, 15:31
WAHOOOOOOO
MERRRY CHRISTMAS
I GOT THAT LONGBOW I WANTED!!!!! ~D
(parents still don't trust me with a sword though)
OH OH I KNOW IF ANYONE CAN SELL ME A QUALITY SWORD I WILL PAY YOU A LOT
IF YOU SCREW ME OVER I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND SHOVE THAT SWORD SO FAR UP YOUR ASS IT WILL CUT YOU BRAIN
peace on earth and a merry christmas ~:cheers:
happy hanukah
and a crappy ramadan

I'm kind of hoping the grounding was a bit of karma for the casual racism above....

And Rebelscum, keep it up... ~:cool:

drone
01-11-2005, 17:23
Well done! What's the Armenian word for "feck"? ~D

master of the puppets
01-12-2005, 13:08
i am most greivously sorry to any one offended by my casual cyniclism.
also there will be no more discusion on my matters only on the most bountiful tales from the greatest tale spinner to ever write a post, rebelscum, for whom at the price of not being banned i am your most humble servant :bow:

rebelscum
01-12-2005, 17:25
[Fruitful City of Antioch 257 BC, Akha is meeting with a quite desperate and battle weary Kream of Weet, General of Pontus in the Generals rented rooms]
Akha: *sticking to the script for once* Greetings from the noble and magnificent Pharaoh. What proposal do you wish to lay, most humbly, before him?
Kream of Weet: If it would please Pharaoh, we humbly request an attack on the Seleucid Empire. As you know we have been at war with them for ten long years, and we are now quite desperate. They have battered our armies down to a few undermanned units, sacked the city of Mazaka, pillaged and and raped to their hearts content. Even now bandit rebels have appeared in Cappadocia. Our lives are a complete misery, you have to help!
Akha: Hmm, In what way would the peace-loving and kindly Pharaoh profit from such an attack? Your request is objectionable.
KW: Unfortunately our coffers are near to empty due to the prolonged war, and we can offer no more than five thousand denarii.
Akha: Only five thousand denarii!, *disgusted* Do you have nothing more to offer!
KW: Trade rights of course, and all the map information we possess. Apart from that we have nothing left to give! *burys head in hands* Oh what can we do, please accept our offer.
Akha: *unmoved* Even if you offered up your children as slaves to the greater glory of Pharaoh, he would not consider bowing to your demands ...
*at that moment the Generals beautiful large breasted daughter walks in carrying a tray of beverages*
KW: Thank you Bounci, you may go.
Akha: On second thoughts .. maybe we can discuss this over a malt beer!
One swallow does not make a summer.
Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics
No but it makes a hell of a night!
RebelScum

Kraxis
01-13-2005, 17:02
Haha... Now you are getting naughty! ~;)

Grumfoss
01-18-2005, 13:18
Nice one Rebelscum, a man of simple tastes that Diplomat of yours ~;)

AntiochusIII
01-19-2005, 00:20
Cool Stuff Rebelscum... I've been wondering of Akha has been tricked by the cunning general Kream of Weet? He seems to be clever enough to bring his daughter a long way to Antioch. ~D

Dooz
01-29-2005, 10:59
Well done! What's the Armenian word for "feck"?

The word is "koonem" ~;)

And if it's possible to get banned for a "foreign" cuss word, then I lied. That actually means icecream. Happy icecream for all.

Dooz
01-29-2005, 11:11
Oh and... I LOVE AKHA!!!

sorry can't edit posts, so i hadta doubleize it.

master of the puppets
02-05-2005, 18:02
lol very good rebelscum write more please

can't say i lied about being grounded havent been on for three freckin weeks

rebelscum
02-05-2005, 21:10
Akha will be back to honour his gracious readers as soon as he find out how much the patch has messed his life up.
:bow:

Dooz
02-05-2005, 22:03
Y'know it's funny... when I had Akhaenniut Philopater and his tiny army trapped and facing death in my Macedonian campaign... almost felt kinda bad having to kill him... sadly, my companion cavalry didn't share my sentiments... Akha was no more... *sniff*

rebelscum
02-05-2005, 23:28
Most probably was a distant cousin on his mothers side. Akha is a diplomat and not a general.

master of the puppets
02-22-2005, 01:19
come ON

bring on the hilarity

my life sucks bad enough without ahka being dead...wonderland, if akha is dead cause of you i will have my people push you out a window...then we realize your on the first floor and unhurt, at which point i run away.

REBELSCUM POST MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

master of the puppets
02-22-2005, 01:25

Dooz
02-22-2005, 06:24
I'm sorry for this. Had I only realized it was THE Akha, I wouldn't have severed his head and presented it to the Gods on a stick. I feel just terrible about the whole thing.

The Stranger
02-22-2005, 11:40
Rebelscum let's chop of his head.

Monk
02-22-2005, 23:26
someone tell me i didn't let this go three pages without so much of a look! *checks rtw forum* oh... it was recently moved ~D i thought i had overlooked something there for a while.

rebelscum: ~D i could see rtw diplomats actually doing those things.

i'd like to remind everyone that now that this story is in the meadhall, you shouldn't post unless you have something to say about the actual story/diary thing. Please refrain from needless spamming and getting off topic; thank you :bow:

Nowake
02-23-2005, 01:46
Well, I wouldn't have anything specific to say about the multiple stories Monk, I would just like to compliment rebelscum on his writting skills and for mastering the art of placing humour in historical/game context. It is nice to see that from the recent throngs of teenage pharaohs, Silvius Servuses and armenian diplomats an Akha can still emerge.

And I'd just like to ask for an Akha a day :bow:

rebelscum
05-02-2005, 15:26
Apologies for the absence of Akha. However his scribe got a job in Londinium and is away from 06:00 to 19:45 each day :(.
He may pen something during his next break, whenever that will be, who knows.

master of the puppets
05-04-2005, 01:34
compliments on the story O' Scummy one, but for the sake of your readers you must know your priorities are, its not your job, its not your family, its not about you or anyone around you. your jobs is to entertain a bunch of drunken slobs in a dark mead hall with piss-your-pants funny stories. don't you see my point?

rebelscum
09-02-2005, 22:45
!New!
Somewhere in Egypt 257 BC, spartan diplomatic quarters (spartan the word, not the half naked gay boy warrior types).
Ankh: (another Egyptian diplomat): *envious* Akha, I must say you are the most finely dressed diplomat in all Egypt. I don't know how you do it on the paultry sum Pharaoh pays us.
Akha: *preens* My dear Ankh, do you really think I would scrape a living on 2 denarii a month! By Isis you truly are uninformed.
Ankh: *grumpily* Well it keeps the wolves from the door.
Akha: Does it now, *feeling slightly sorry for the down trodden man* I'll let you into a little secret.
Ankh: *sidles closer* please do.
Akha: Well, I'm telling you this in strictest confidence ..
Ankh: Yes yes.
Akha: You wont breathe a word of this ...
Ankh: I swear by Osiris I wont say a word to anyone.
Akha: Right ... *whispers* all you have to do is to impress the Romans so much on your diplomatic missions that they bribe you to join them. *lies back and eats a date*
Ankh: *aghast* but that is traitorous!
Akha: Well only if Pharaoh finds out.
Ankh: And how do you keep him from finding out?
Akha: Well, when I visit the Romans I go by a different name. I have changed my name every time I visit a different Roman governor and each of them have bribed me for my loyalty. Each of them thinks I am working for them. And I spend so much time away that they never notice that I'm not.
Ankh: What if the Romans enquire about the existence of an Egyptian diplomat with that name?
Akha: Well when I give a false name I always make sure it is one that belongs to an existing Egyptian diplomat.
Ankh: That is very clever.
Akha: *flicks a date stone into the corner and reaches for another* Well I think so ..
(Just then ..)
*two huge nubian sentries with huger axes enter the quarters, and they aren't joking*
Sentry one: We come for diplomat named Ankh ... on orders of Pharaoh.
Ankh: *in fright* Eek, What for?
Sentry two: *feels sharpness of axe* Well its a little matter of treason ... Pharaoh would like to know if you want it fast or slow?

Akha: *making a quick exit* Well I better be off now, *pats Ankh on shoulder* erm, I'd choose fast if I were you Ankh old pal, I've smelt a lions breath before and it isn't pleasant.

master of the puppets
09-03-2005, 01:54
lol witty as always...my compliments and welcome back

rebelscum
09-03-2005, 12:17
The month of flies 252 BC, Pharaohs palace, Memphis
Akha: *enters and bows low* Your glorious incarnate of Horus.
Teenage Pharaoh: *voice cracks* Wazzup Akhaennuit *makes stupid sign with fingers not quite getting it right*
Akha: I bring a message from our new allies the Numidians.
Teenage Pharaoh: *looks bored* Oh them, well allies they may be, but they aren't 'cool' are they.
Akha: *slightly confused* Indeed sire.
Teenage Pharaoh: *twiddles pony tail* Yeah, and they don't send me many presents. Mother says that as I am a living god, people should give me lots of presents.
Akha: May I remind your highness of the three score gold plated chariots they sent you last week.
Teenage Pharaoh: Well that was last week, what about this week!
Akha: I will make enquires sire.
Teenage Pharaoh: Well they better send me something nice soon, or I might think about attacking them!
Akha: *humbly* Sire, may I remind you, being allies with another country means that we have agreed not to attack them.
Teenage Pharaoh: Well the Romans do! Mother says we should be more like the Romans, now they are 'cool'. *whishes arms around in mimed sword fight* They have games every day, with lots of gladiators and killing and lions and stuff ... and if anyone says anything bad about them they just go and kill them *makes downwards stabbing motion*
Akha: *eloquently* Sire, why would we want to be Roman? We are proud Egyptians, with over two thousand years of written history. From the dawn of civilization we have been the most powerful and inventive race ...
Teenage Pharaoh: *huffs* Yes .. yes I had history this morning ... its 'booooring', I want to see gladiators kill each other in horrible ways, I wanna see lions rip people apart and eat them. Being Egyptian is so 'un-cool', anyways, mother says Uncle Brutus is gonna be my new daddy and he is gonna make us more Roman, but he's got a big nose and he smells of horses, but he gives me stuff and that makes him cool. You aren't cool Akhaennuit.
Akha: The temperature is slighly higher today sire.
Teenage Pharaoh: *laughs* See what I mean everybody. *courtiers bow low* You are a joke Akha, and a big baldy, now what you gonna do .. nothin .. *laughs and kicks heels against throne*
Akha: *extreme patience* Sire, shall I relate the message?
Teenage Pharaoh: bah, go on then.
Akha: The Numidains wish to seal this new alliance with a marriage. His highness the king of Numidia offers his eldest daughter as a bride to your majesty.
Teenage Pharaoh: *peeved* Not another one .. I only got married last year. I don't know if I want another one!
Akha: You may have as many wives as you wish sire.
Teenage Pharaoh: Yes, mother keeps telling me that.
I bet she's fat and ugly with lots of spots like the last one. I call her 'piggy spot face fat bum'. Mother says I should be doing what the bulls and cows do with her :embarrassed:, but when I think about it I get a funny sick feeling in my tummy. Anyways I don't want to kiss a spotty ugly girl .... you can't make me.
Akha: Sire, this marriage would be of great benefit to Egypt as it will bring peace to the borders and release troops for use elsewhere. Our enemies will have to rethink any attack from the west and it will also bring increased trade and therfore money to build our cities ...
Teenage Pharaoh: *makes a face* I don't care. I want games not girls. Now go and tell the king that I don't want to marry 'fatty cowface' and that he should give me stuff more often or else. *To courtiers who remain bowed low* I'm thirsty .. don't just stand there ... bring me some juice now!
*courtier runs up with fresh juice*
Akha: *bows low* As you wish sire *under his breath* you little shit you'l get yours.

The Stranger
09-03-2005, 13:02
Yihaaaaaaa

Ianofsmeg16
09-03-2005, 14:35
Cool Story, this Akha, he's gonna do the Pharoah in aint he?

The Stranger
09-03-2005, 19:54
i'm going to write about the World's First House To House Salesman