PDA

View Full Version : What World War II leader are you?

discovery1
12-12-2004, 03:47
Who are you? (http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/pop.asp) I'm von Manstein
~:cheers:

Erich von Manstein (November 24, 1887-June 10, 1973) was one of the most prominent commanders of German Armed Forces during World War II, attaining the rank of Field Marshal. Manstein was the mastermind behind Fall Gelb.

Your strategic mind makes you a leader that thrives in situation where this precise skill is requested. Admired by your followers and sometimes even by your enemies this can sometimes get to your head. You thrive in situations where you find yourself as the "underdog" and need to use your strengths to their full potential.http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/Manstein.gif

pyhhricvictory
12-12-2004, 04:39
Yamashita Tomoyuki
Yamashita Tomoyuki (Nov 8, 1885 - February 23, 1946) was one of the most formidable generals of the Japanese Army. His 30,000 soldiers took 80,000 Allied soldiers prisoner at the Fall of Singapore and for this he became known as the "Tiger of Malaya."

You are a diligent, ambitious and determined leader who always remains completely loyal to your superiors. Your strict discipline contributes to your ability to be an aggressive strategist and you will always be the last man standing. Your high standards can seem daunting for your followers who will never feel sufficient.

LittleGrizzly
12-12-2004, 04:48
Erwin Rommel (GER)
Erwin Rommel (November 15, 1891-October 14, 1944) was one of the most distinguished German Field Marshals and commander of the Deutsches Afrika Korps in World War II. He is also known by his nickname "The Desert Fox."

As a leader you are a performer and your area of interest is mechanical rather than artistic. You tend to save your energy until you come across a project or an adventure worthy of your time, but then you launch yourself at it. Be aware that the thrills you constantly seek might one day get the best of you

Louis VI the Fat
12-12-2004, 04:56
George Patton, Jr. (November 11, 1885 - December 21, 1945), one of the most successful American generals in World War II.

When put in a position that will meet your potential, your "larger than life," flamboyant, charismatic and controversial personality is hard to miss. You are inspirational and your troops achieve great deeds under your leadership. Just keep in mind to always back up those great words with action.
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/Patton.gif
Yeah!! Lucky me. :balloon2:

Patricius
12-12-2004, 06:10
Konstantin Rokossovsky

Konstantin Rokossovsky (December 21, 1896 - August 3, 1968), Soviet military commander and Polish Defence Minister.

Used to fending for yourself, you are independent and the only person you rely on to create your success is you. With strong determination, a sense of carefulness and your efficient leadership style you are quick to take in a situation and act accordingly. Your decisions are never rash which is sometimes perceived as an unwillingness to act.

mercian billman
12-12-2004, 06:34
Heinz Guderian (GER)

Heinz Guderian (June 17, 1888 - May 14, 1954) was the well known "Panzer General" of the German Army during World War II, and one of the founders of the concept of blitzkrieg.

Dynamic and efficient, you are pivotal in development of strategies and operational tasks and often set the standards of what will then follow. Although your leadership style does not always mean you will rise in ranks you are still a very respected leader who does not think twice about questioning those of the highest rank.

ichi
12-12-2004, 07:08
The fist time I tried I came up Montgomery, but I really can't stand Monty so I tried again, when I came up

Yamashita Tomoyuki
Yamashita Tomoyuki (Nov 8, 1885 - February 23, 1946) was one of the most formidable generals of the Japanese Army. His 30,000 soldiers took 80,000 Allied soldiers prisoner at the Fall of Singapore and for this he became known as the "Tiger of Malaya."

You are a diligent, ambitious and determined leader who always remains completely loyal to your superiors. Your strict discipline contributes to your ability to be an aggressive strategist and you will always be the last man standing. Your high standards can seem daunting for your followers who will never feel sufficient.

:bow:

ichi

Mus
12-12-2004, 07:16
Erwin Rommel (GER)

Erwin Rommel (November 15, 1891-October 14, 1944) was one of the most distinguished German Field Marshals and commander of the Deutsches Afrika Korps in World War II. He is also known by his nickname "The Desert Fox."

As a leader you are a performer and your area of interest is mechanical rather than artistic. You tend to save your energy until you come across a project or an adventure worthy of your time, but then you launch yourself at it. Be aware that the thrills you constantly seek might one day get the best of you.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/rommel.gif

Quietus
12-12-2004, 08:15
Bernard Montgomery
Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery, (November 17, 1887 - March 24, 1976) was a British military officer during World War II.

Inspirational and successful are two words to describe your leadership. You tend to go against the current and your own uniqueness will show in everything that you do. Your troops love you and you are known to get what you want in life - just be careful as this precise characteristic makes you less prepared to deal with defeat.

~:)

Somebody Else
12-12-2004, 08:20
Gunichi Mikawa
Gunichi Mikawa (August 291888 - February 25) was an admiral in the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

Able to take even the worst of circumstances and turn them into your favour, you are known for your determination, good luck and control of any situation. Unfortunately your way of following through what you have set out to do is not always done in the best way and for that you have many critics.

Never heard of the chap. But he must be good, if he compares to me...

dessa14
12-12-2004, 08:58
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/Zhukov.gif
Georgy Zhukov
Georgy Zhukov, (December 1, 1896 - June 18, 1974), Soviet military commander and politician, one of the most successful soldiers of World War II.

You are only interested in the end result, how to get there is of little or no interest to you. Strong-willed and determined you are known to be "severe but just." You have the ability to quickly grasp a situation, distribute power, take a decision and act. Not allowing yourself to give in to any emotions can make you seem cold and distant.

This is a game coming out next year Hearts of Iron II
its a world war 2 Strategy game on a strategic level.
like you rule germany and get the chance to rule the world.
thanks,
dessa

Lazul
12-12-2004, 12:55
Karl Dönitz
Karl Dönitz (September 16, 1891-December 24, 1980) was a naval leader in Germany during World War II.

Your strengths include ruthless application of battle technique, an iron-willed determination never to surrender and unbounded enthusiasm. You often leave "smaller" tasks that do not show immediate results on the back burner, sometimes with devastating results. You are very loyal towards your superiors.

Hehe thing is I actually met a woman in the states that was related to Dönitz :bow:

Beirut
12-12-2004, 13:09
George Patton, Jr. (November 11, 1885 - December 21, 1945), one of the most successful American generals in World War II.

When put in a position that will meet your potential, your "larger than life," flamboyant, charismatic and controversial personality is hard to miss. You are inspirational and your troops achieve great deeds under your leadership. Just keep in mind to always back up those great words with action.
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/Patton.gif
Yeah!! Lucky me. :balloon2:

Isn't that MacArthur?

Silver Rusher
12-12-2004, 13:14
I'm Chester Nimitz.

Chester Nimitz

Chester Nimitz (February 24, 1885 - February 20, 1966) was the Commander in Chief of Pacific Forces for the United States and Allied forces during World War II.

Your creative mind brings a new, fresh perspective to combat and leadership. Your dynamic leadership style is very effective when it comes to motivating others and thus you have no problems executing your policies and ideas. Just remember that many times feedback creates even greater ideas so don't forget to listen.

SwordsMaster
12-12-2004, 13:35
Bernard Montgomery

Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery, (November 17, 1887 - March 24, 1976) was a British military officer during World War II.

Inspirational and successful are two words to describe your leadership. You tend to go against the current and your own uniqueness will show in everything that you do. Your troops love you and you are known to get what you want in life - just be careful as this precise characteristic makes you less prepared to deal with defeat.

^me. ~D

Big King Sanctaphrax
12-12-2004, 18:08
I'm Rommel! Woo! Up the Desert Fox!

Mount Suribachi
12-12-2004, 18:42
Omar Bradley

Omar Bradley (February 12, 1893 - April 8, 1981) was one of the main US Army field commanders in North Africa and Europe during World War II.

Quietly competent, a self-effacing and thoughtful team player, you do not mind being a leader but you detest the waste of human lives in war. Once you make your mind up you go after your goal full speed ahead and thrive when taking calculated risks. You prefer to stay neutral in controversy, which can be seen as difficulty to make decisions.

I'm pretty happy with that. Bradley is IMO the most underrated allied general of the war. Like the description says, "quietly competent"

JAG
12-12-2004, 18:51
Apparently -

Yamashita Tomoyuki

Not sure that fits so well, ambitous and determined sure, loyal to superiors without question? Probably not.

A.Saturnus
12-12-2004, 19:03
Albert Kesselring (GER)
Albert Kesselring (August 8, 1881 - July 16, 1960) was a German General Field Marshal who commanded Army Group C during World War II, supporting Operation Barbarossa amongst others. He was nicknamed "Smiling Albert."

You are an ambitious leader, always striving higher and pushing yourself to the best of your abilities. Unfortunately, this effort does not always lead to the type of results you are looking for. You work well under pressure and find it easy to keep a straight face when challenged.

http://muchos.co.uk/members/A.Saturnus/Kesselring.gif

Pindar
12-13-2004, 02:54
Karl Dönitz
Karl Dönitz (September 16, 1891-December 24, 1980) was a naval leader in Germany during World War II.

Your strengths include ruthless application of battle technique, an iron-willed determination never to surrender and unbounded enthusiasm. You often leave "smaller" tasks that do not show immediate results on the back burner, sometimes with devastating results. You are very loyal towards your superiors.
bow:

Same.

PanzerJaeger
12-13-2004, 07:01
Wow, now thats accuracy! ~D

"Heinz Guderian (GER)

Heinz Guderian (June 17, 1888 - May 14, 1954) was the well known "Panzer General" of the German Army during World War II, and one of the founders of the concept of blitzkrieg.

Dynamic and efficient, you are pivotal in development of strategies and operational tasks and often set the standards of what will then follow. Although your leadership style does not always mean you will rise in ranks you are still a very respected leader who does not think twice about questioning those of the highest rank."

Fragony
12-13-2004, 11:01
Apparently I can't make jokes without some nutjob puting it in his signature so I will skip the obvious :furious3:

Rommel. He revolutionised war as we know it.

Shahed
12-13-2004, 13:28
Same.

Likewise

el_slapper
12-13-2004, 14:10
Omar Bradley

Omar Bradley (February 12, 1893 - April 8, 1981) was one of the main US Army field commanders in North Africa and Europe during World War II.

Quietly competent, a self-effacing and thoughtful team player, you do not mind being a leader but you detest the waste of human lives in war. Once you make your mind up you go after your goal full speed ahead and thrive when taking calculated risks. You prefer to stay neutral in controversy, which can be seen as difficulty to make decisions.

I'm pretty happy with that. Bradley is IMO the most underrated allied general of the war. Like the description says, "quietly competent"

Me was Montgomery, but I have an immense respect for Bradley. During the liberation of France, Leclerc began under Bradley's orders, where he performed many exploits in collaboration with the great Omar. Later he was placed under DeLattre's command. 2 weeks later, he asked to get under bradley's orders again. DeLattre was not that bad, but its old-fashioned habit of launching sacrificial attacks made him REALLY unsuitable for Leclerc, used since Africa's campaigns not to waste the single man. Better a good commander than a national commander..... bradley was worth it. He also gave the order to help Parisian insurgents, at a time it wasn't looking worth it.

The_Emperor
12-13-2004, 16:43
I am...

Bernard Montgomery

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/Montgomery.gif

Funny I thought it would probably come up with this. ~D

derF
12-13-2004, 19:54
Colonel Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg.

http://resistanceallemande.online.fr/20-07-1944/stauffenberg.jpg

Attempted valiantly in an organised assassination of Hitler.

But after the test:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/Nimitz.gif

U.S. Five-star general-of-the-army, commander-in-chief Chester Nimitz.

Fresh perspective to combat and leadership.
Dynamic leadership style is very effective.
Motivating others.

KafirChobee
12-13-2004, 20:19
Yamashita Tomoyuki

Same, must be my preference for good vodka over a malt whiskey (which is also quite good). Water? Gah! Did it say anything in a pinch?

:bow:

DemonArchangel
12-13-2004, 21:40
Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov, (December 1, 1896 - June 18, 1974), Soviet military commander and politician, one of the most successful soldiers of World War II.

You are only interested in the end result, how to get there is of little or no interest to you. Strong-willed and determined you are known to be "severe but just." You have the ability to quickly grasp a situation, distribute power, take a decision and act. Not allowing yourself to give in to any emotions can make you seem cold and distant.

Leet Eriksson
12-13-2004, 22:17
Raymond Spruance
Raymond Spruance (July 3, 1886 - December 13, 1969) was a US Navy admiral in World War II and victor of the Battle of Midway.

You are highly intelligent and quick-thinking and your victories are legendary. You are always interested in the opinions of those below you and will always stand by your decisions. However, your precise and calculating mind makes you a better planner than a combat leader.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/Spruance.gif

Hosakawa Tito
12-13-2004, 22:32
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/hoppy84/Halsey.gif
William Halsey

William "Bull" Halsey, Jr. (30 October 1882 - 20 August 1959), was the United States Navy Fleet Admiral who commanded the US Third Fleet during much of the Pacific War against Japan.

You will always choose brute force over fancy tactics and for this you are seen as quite a controversial figure. You do not tend to distinguish yourself in your campaigns, however your popularity and ability to encourage your men makes you a winner every time. Just make sure you don't trust your luck too much.

The wife always said I was full of bull. ~D

Sigurd
12-14-2004, 00:07
Bernard Montgomery

IrishMike
12-14-2004, 02:48
Bernard Montgomery

Looks like am a fellow Monty Man. ~D

Hetman_Koronny
12-14-2004, 09:36
Yamashita Tomoyuki

:knight:

Oaty
12-14-2004, 10:13
I'm Adolf Hitler.

Ok really I'm Yamashita Tomoyuki

Alexander the Pretty Good
12-16-2004, 00:13
Just saw this thread, haven't had any time in the last couple of days.

Harold Alexander
Field Marshal Harold Alexander, (December 10, 1891 - June 16, 1969) was a British military commander and Field Marshal, notably during World War II as the commander of the 15th Army Group.

You are a leader of exceptional ability. Not afraid to get your hands dirty, you are adored by your troops and subordinates but your peers or superiors can sometimes perceive you as too urbane and lacking authority. Your people skills make it easy for you to form partnerships across borders.
Hmm. "Partnerships across borders?"

Byzantine Prince
12-16-2004, 12:03
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hoi2quiz/gubbs/rommel.gif

You tend to save your energy until you come across a project or an adventure worthy of your time, but then you launch yourself at it. Be aware that the thrills you constantly seek might one day get the best of you.

That is amazing. I actually am like that which is why Im pretty lazy for most things.

Shadow
12-20-2004, 14:54
I am Yamashita Tomoyuki (Nov 8, 1885 - February 23, 1946)

One of the most formidable generals of the Japanese Army. His 30,000 soldiers took 80,000 Allied soldiers prisoner at the Fall of Singapore and for this he became known as the "Tiger of Malaya."

determined, diligent Yah! but discipline and ambitious not really ~:cool: