PDA

View Full Version : Any way to stop Rome from attacking U??

dalredane
12-13-2004, 20:49
I have about 15 provinces under my domain (Egypt) and I am currently allied with no one that Rome is against.

I would like to conquer more provinces before Rome eventually declares war on me.....but they always seem to.

I go back to an earlier saved game and then send a diplomat to Rome to try to negotiate an alliance with them (i already have trade rights with them) but the menu does not give me an option to "propose and alliance" like it does when i send a diplomat to every other faction....

what gives??

I know they will eventually attack...but I would like to beef up my empire before the inevitable happens....

any tips would be appreciated.

Ldvs
12-13-2004, 21:03
What difficulty did you set for your campaign? If you set very hard then no wonder they don't want to accept your proposals. The Senate's policy may not be favorable to you.

Basileus
12-13-2004, 22:40
heh man alliances will not stop teh AI from attacking, propably would make them more eager to :D

aw89
12-13-2004, 23:38
In short mate, no...

m4rt14n
12-14-2004, 01:20
Although I had a Medium/Medium Campaign as the Gaul. I upgraded my two cities in Italian Peninsula, Trade maps and rights, had huge armies defending the two cities. Kept on giving romans money and so. Eventually the Senate accepted my alliance. Once u have SPQR as ur ally, the other romans follow in line....

Of course, I "had" to break the alliance eventually after 20 turns due to unfortunate border "disputes" :evilgrin: lol

Red Harvest
12-14-2004, 02:16
Rome is slower to attack when they don't share a border with you. However, naval invasions/blockades may still occur and start a war. And once you share a border with Rome, you quickly make it on to the "enemies of Rome" list.

Byzantine Prince
12-14-2004, 10:49
Yeah and they always attack Epirus first, which is very inaccurate.

Krusader
12-14-2004, 13:12
Romans always attack Syracuse, Epirus and Segesta first.

And when you are at war with Romans, they will never sign a ceasefire with you.

Egypt on the other hand will, but they demand their territories back and 50000 gold. Even with only Thebes left...

Prodigal
12-14-2004, 14:23
heh man alliances will not stop teh AI from attacking, propably would make them more eager to :D

Well said!

I've given up alliances with anyone who isn't the other side of the world, as soon as I form one its like a red rag to a bull, "Whoo Hoo send in the armies they think we're on their side!"