PDA

View Full Version : Help.How to unlock Novgorod in early age?

Grand Duke Vytautas
12-14-2004, 19:16
Hi there. I was playing RTW, but now decided (because of those damn irritating painful bugs) to remember brutal world of medieval and start a new campaign. I wanted to play as people of novgorod to remember MTW strategy and tactics (because it differs so much from RTW), I have patch v.1.1, but the people of novgorod faction is unavailable for me in early age. Please help me, I want to play as Russians. Thanks. Back to MTW then

Mithrandir
12-14-2004, 20:07
Moved to Dungeon.

Aurelian
12-14-2004, 21:18
If you're interested in playing an Eastern European MTW campaign, I would download the MTW XL Mod. Instead of just Russia, Poland, etc. the XL Mod adds Novgorod, Kiev, Lithuania, the Cumans, the Volga Bulgars, Sweden, the Teutonic Order, Bohemia, Bulgaria, Serbs, etc.

It also uses a new map that adds eight additional provinces, including Estonia, Greater/Lesser Poland, Levidia, (and maybe one other) in the East. It's a better map, and provides the extra factions with the additional room they need.

I recently played a couple of great campaigns as Kievan Rus and Lithuania. The new map, factions, and units make the game much more interesting, particularly in Eastern Europe.

Highly recommended. ~:cheers:

Aurelian
12-14-2004, 21:26
By the way, here is the link to download the full version of the XL Mod. It's big, so I let it download overnight:LINK (http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/MTW/Stats/VH_MTW_XL2_Full.exe)

Here's a link to the XL Mod discussion thread here: LINK (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201)

It DOES require the VI expansion and the latest patch. Hope that's not a problem.

Grand Duke Vytautas
12-14-2004, 21:39
Thanks Aurelian for such helpful information! ~:) Thanks indeed dude! :bow: Now I'll wage total war in the east! ~D

Aurelian
12-15-2004, 05:53
You're welcome!

In the XL Mod you can actually play as the Grand Duke of Lithuania.

After you run through that mod for a while, there are a few other really good ones out there. I'm playing the "Fall of Rome" mod at the moment, and I'm having a blast with it. "Hellenic Total War" was great fun, and I particularly liked the historical battles. The latest version of the BKB Super Mod should also be coming out soon. I haven't played it yet because I've been waiting for the newest version, but it also has a new map and additional factions. A lot of people swear by the MedMod, which may or may not have a new version coming out sometime in the future.

They all have threads in the "Engineers Guild" here.

Lots of good, high-quality mods. Enjoy!