PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions - Mods

BGerman
12-16-2004, 06:44
I downloaded XL 2.0, and I like the new factions, etc. Is this the best mod (based on personal opinion) out there? The readme file was rather small for such a large (XL after all! lol) mod. Is there a manual? Perhaps something in PDF format that covers the various changes within the game in a more in depth manner?

What other mods would anyone recommend? I've got VI 2.01, so I think I can get most any mod.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

metatron
12-16-2004, 09:21
Uh, I didn't like XL too much. I'm a historical nut. I did find the graphics and shields outstanding though.

Most people here will tell you that MedMod is the best, but for my money BKB's mod is. Then again, I'm more concerned with historical accuracy than gameplay (not that BKB's is lacking).

Then there are total conversion mods, like Fall of Rome...

bretwalda
12-16-2004, 13:04
Uh, I didn't like XL too much. I'm a historical nut. I did find the graphics and shields outstanding though.

Most people here will tell you that MedMod is the best, but for my money BKB's mod is. Then again, I'm more concerned with historical accuracy than gameplay (not that BKB's is lacking).

Hi there! I am a very lazy person, could you give like a few sentences definition/description of each mod (Xl, MedMod, BKB) I would like to try one or two but I am lost in the many versions and lots of info :wink:

The Blind King of Bohemia
12-16-2004, 14:48
Check out the Engineers Guild in the Dungeon for info on all the mods. If you're thinking of downloading my mod, wait about a week - I'm preparing the final version, a huge Super Mod as a Christmas present!

Mithrandir
12-16-2004, 15:27
Moved to Dungeon.

VikingHorde
12-16-2004, 16:35

If there are some things that needs to be changed, please let me know. Im working on a patch for the XL 2.0, so any feedback on improving the mod is welcome.

@BGerman
Im currently working on improved desciptions of the changes to the game, also some other stuff. It will be included in the patch.