PDA

View Full Version : Toy warnings

KafirChobee
12-23-2004, 18:04
At x-mas time it is important that parents and those buying gifts for children be aware of the dangerous toys being presented as wholesome and nice. Here are but a few:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1204/blacklist.html

Enjoy. Happy Holidays.

~D

Skomatth
12-23-2004, 18:38
Punk rockers like Clay Aiken? Oh my....

The_Doctor
12-23-2004, 20:47
I am scared and confused by that website. Is it really a christian website? Are there people who believe that?

Navaros
12-23-2004, 21:45
no it's not really a Christian website, it's a slanderous website made by radical liberals that masquerades as a Christian website in a petty attempt to make Christians look bad

TonyJ
12-23-2004, 22:08
OK, I'm scared by that website too as I cannot even begin to entertain the idea that human beings might think like that.

If (and I stress if) the site is real and people DO think that then I am truly saddened: one more reason why organised religion should be banned.

The refernece to George Bush is particularly worrying - is there a religious majority, minority or however many in America that really believe he is some sort of True Christian ?

It appears to me that the man has perpetrated more evil recently than any man alive. I'm a better Christian than George Bush and I'm a practising Pagan.

Navaros
12-23-2004, 22:11
see my previous post: that site is not a Christian site

what should be banned is not organized religion, but rather sites like this which masquerade as being religious when in reality they are just trying deceive, mislead, and misrepresent religion in order to bring more people to join their agenda of hate against religion

TonyJ
12-23-2004, 22:13
what should be banned is not organized religion, but rather sites like this which masquerade as being religious when in reality they are just trying deceive, mislead, and misrepresent religion in order to bring more people to join their agenda of hate against religion

Ok to an extent I agree - no one should deliberately misrepresent ANY religion.

Can I ask how you know this is not real ? Is it known for this sort of thing ?

Navaros
12-23-2004, 22:19
yes that site is well-known on the web for slandering religion under the guise of actually being religious

if you want outright proof right now just look at where they are trying to sell "Jesus thongs" - i guarantee you no Bible-believing Christian in the Universe would condone such an evil item

TonyJ
12-23-2004, 22:29
OK, well that is obviously not on - everyone has the right to believe what they believe as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Nobody needs someone deliberately trying to make people react in the sort of knee jerk reaction that site would engender.

Unfortunately there are too many people ready to jump on fundametalism OF ANY SORT - maybe the fundametalists should start asking themselves why. Just a thought.

Ressurecting my role as devil's advocate, could you tell me what is evil about Jesus Thongs ? That Jesus is being used to sell thongs or just the fact of the thong ? ~D

The_Doctor
12-23-2004, 22:46
Now that I know it is not real I can sleep at night. Really, that website in the past (when I thought it was real) has made so angry that I could not sleep. The article about atheists really got to me (I am an atheist). All I could think about was chopping up land over baptists with big axe(the type huscarls used), which I suppose is the whole point in the website. :embarassed:

DemonArchangel
12-23-2004, 22:58
Navaros, it's called
A JOKE.

Big King Sanctaphrax
12-23-2004, 23:02
Gah. I'm really sorry Kafir, I enjoyed your link, but seeing as this has turned into a discussion on organised religion, I'm forced to close it.

Sorry again.