PDA

View Full Version : Faction-making question

General Malaise
12-27-2004, 21:28
I'm completely new to modding and haven't been around this site much so sorry if this is a common, or stupid, question.

Anyway, I want to make the VI Irish and the VI Scottish playable indepedant factions in MTW with access to all of their VI units through the Early era. First, is this possible, and second (if so), how would I be doing this?

Also, how does one set Glorious Achievements for a faction? I'd like one to be able to play them with the goal of primarily maintaining their indepedancy, as opposed to conquest, so that it is possible to win with them under GA mode with little (or even no) imperialistic conquest.

Thanks a lot.

General Malaise
12-27-2004, 21:35
Also, how would I go about, if one can, porting over the pagan structures to MTW? I'd like to make it possible for them to re-convert back to paganism, heh...

VikingHorde
12-28-2004, 22:54
I'm completely new to modding and haven't been around this site much so sorry if this is a common, or stupid, question.

Anyway, I want to make the VI Irish and the VI Scottish playable indepedant factions in MTW with access to all of their VI units through the Early era. First, is this possible, and second (if so), how would I be doing this?
You can add them by using this guide:
http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWupload/Adding_new_faction_guide.pdf
It's very good, I used it my self.

Also, how does one set Glorious Achievements for a faction? I'd like one to be able to play them with the goal of primarily maintaining their indepedancy, as opposed to conquest, so that it is possible to win with them under GA mode with little (or even no) imperialistic conquest.

Thanks a lot.
You can't make new Glorious Achievements, they are sadly hardcoded. You can only add them so that they get points by conquest (invade and hold provinces).

Also, how would I go about, if one can, porting over the pagan structures to MTW? I'd like to make it possible for them to re-convert back to paganism, heh...
You will need to copy the building lines for the stuctures you want from the viking build file to crusader build file (text files in the root for the MTW folder). After this, you should edit the lines so that the pagan factions can build the new buildings added (this is done with the Gnome editor).

General Malaise
12-31-2004, 06:25
Thanks for the info. A few more quick questions.

After I add the factions, how do I port over the VI units? Will it be done automatically?

How would make them get extra points for defending their homelands (since you said you can add points). I want the goal for these factions more to be holding their homelands and maintaing their independancy moreso than conquest.

Lastly, if I build pagan religious structures will my king actually convert to paganism or will he still remain christian? Do I have to program the faction to be pagan?

Thanks a lot.

(Incidentally, I think I'm going to do the Welsh too now, so all of the Celtic nations are represented as their own factions in MTW.)

General Malaise
12-31-2004, 06:37
Nevermind. Figured out how myself. Thanks anyway.