PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tried Castle Strike?

The Marcher Lord
12-30-2004, 18:08
I tried the English demo which contained a tutorial and mission 8 in the single player missions. I would say it is somewhere between Stronghold and the forthcoming Stronghold 2. It came out in September/October 2004 and was one of those games that just never even appeared on the games radar for some reason. It has been treated fairly well in what few reviews I have seen, generally getting 65-70% ie. not crap, but not truly great either.

I enjoyed the demo. It is quite a fast paced 3d castle building and sieging RTS so it holds your attention. The single player campaign is long (27 missions) and set in the 100 Years War (but is not meant to be historically accurate). You can play as French, English and Germans (as the game company is German!). The range of siege machinery that can be used is impressive and full scale castle and fortified town assaults can look quite spectacular. Not much, if anything, in the diplomacy line, but fun if you like medieval sieges and battles. Have a look at the screens and info. on the devs site here Castle Strike (http://www.castlestrike.de/)