PDA

View Full Version : why can i not swap Retinues?????

mambaman
01-04-2005, 12:52
hi guys i dont know whether this is a problem with my specific game but i have tried putting my faction Leader (Carthaginian) in the same army as another family member who i want to give his retinue to and i try dragging and dropping from the leaders details to the unit card (in the army details) of the other family member........and it just doesnt go across-the retinue card moves as if it wants to be transferred but then bounces back-anyone else with this problem?

Zorn
01-04-2005, 13:34
Some retinues are nit stockable. For example, a general can not have a chirurg and a physician.

mambaman
01-04-2005, 13:44
Thanks for the reply Zorn but the General i want to give the various members to doesnt have any retainers at all-and i have tried to swap several of the retainers with no joy??

KiOwA
01-04-2005, 14:21
Some retinues, like a Biographer, also cannot be transfered, regardless of any similar retinues the target may possess.

nokhor
01-04-2005, 16:48
Ashantiwarrior,
i've had that happen too. i could not swap retinues between 2 specific members no matter what, though i could do it between 1 of them and someone else. don't know what causes it.

ulyanov
01-05-2005, 12:09
You have done this inside a City, right? It doesn't happen in the field.

KiOwA
01-05-2005, 14:04
You CAN swap retinues in the field, as long as both family members are in the same stack.

ulyanov
01-05-2005, 17:25
so you can. I guess I'd never tried it, or tried once only and failed...

Nelson
01-05-2005, 19:14
I believe that a retinue cannot exceed 8 persons. So if you want to swap between two filled up leaders you will need a third to facilitate the moves.

soibean
01-06-2005, 04:49
some retinues just wont swap
I tried to swap all retinues from a gaul general that I bribed into a family member so he'd be more stacked and some things like Galloper and a few others wouldnt switch

Sinner
01-06-2005, 11:28
Some ancillaries are restricted to certain factions. If you bribe a family member from that faction then he'll keep his retinue when he joins yours but he may not be able to transfer them since the faction restriction will come in to play.

Some ancillaries exclude certain other ancillaries, stopping you from adding them to your retinue, however in some cases this exclusion isn't mutual, so you can have both ancillaries as long as you get them in the right order.

There is indeed an 8 ancillary per retinue limit.

You cannot transfer between different types of characters - only family to family, spy to spy, etc - even if the ancillary can be used by both types.

The two characters transfering ancillaries must be in the same stack, which means that admirals can never swap since they cannot share the same stack. Assassins, diplomats and spies must either join an army or enter a city since they otherwise cannot share the same stack.

And last of all, the drag and drop mechanism for swapping often seems to be rather fussy and if you don't lineup the ancillary's graphic with that of the intended recipient just right, then the transfer fails. Which is annoying. Very annoying.