PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion To CA...

aoera2
01-05-2005, 16:05
first things first this is not a "where is the patch?" whine, but just a suggestion.

On my present campain as the Greek Cities i am overflowing with wealth and trying to spend it is becoming a problem. I am currently giving sometimes 100'000 denari to factions to keep them from Roman conquest. So i thought it would be a good idea to make a page where some of the annual income could be diverted to a number of areas which influence your standing among nations. These could be:
- Science
- Art
- Literature
- Archetecture

This option could be selectable on/off like the manage cities option and would influence how other factions react to diplomacy and other stuff...

a opinions welcome! :charge:

cheers

Akka
01-05-2005, 16:25
I already made a suggestion to keep the overwealth under control : give to building a support cost. After all, they DO cost money to run. And it would scale the expense to the size of the empire.

ulyanov
01-05-2005, 17:05
- Science
- Art
- Literature
- Archetecture

perhaps this should enable buying out culture penalties over decades - huge city could potentially become more roman after several generations of children brought up in roman ways.

Sure, there will always be some dissenters, but they will be less and less as time goes on...

doc_bean
01-05-2005, 17:32
Or you could just tear everything down and rebuilt it Roman style, a good way of avoiding the cultural penalty.

th3freakie
01-05-2005, 22:56
I already made a suggestion to keep the overwealth under control : give to building a support cost. After all, they DO cost money to run. And it would scale the expense to the size of the empire.

Sounds better this one.

ulyanov
01-06-2005, 15:56
Or you could just tear everything down and rebuilt it Roman style, a good way of avoiding the cultural penalty.

Not if you take out a huge city - you're stuck with whatever governemnt building, and a permanent 25% culture penalty, once all other buildings are replaced/upgraded.

Blitz
01-06-2005, 17:31
I think a better idea would be that to fasten the construction of a building.
what i mean is that instead of having a lot of money in ur bank u can put or u can say invest some of your money to constructing a building which for example ARHERY RANGE turns to take 4. maybe if u invest 10000 denarii u can make it to 3 turns. Since i seen many peple had won the game without any city manage to finish all its technology tree.

My Grammar is not good so sorry if u dun understand what i mean

~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: