PDA

View Full Version : Spains Missing Longshields and Onagers

Es Arkajae
01-08-2005, 19:01
Spain seems to be missing longshield cavalry and onagers, at least in my game.

In the custom battle section they have both but lack them in the campaign, this despite them having Warlords Stables which effectively do nothing since the longshields don't show up as buildable units.

I'm assuming this problem has come up before (I looked for a few pages for a thread on the matter and couldn't find one). If so has someone come up with a remedy yet for this problem?, is it as simple as editing a game file like I did to make Spain playable in the first place?, if so which file as I have looked and couldn't be certain which one to edit.

Its the longshields I really miss, roundshilds are passable but longshields would be far better for when I start taking on the civilised factions.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Oh and Bull Warriors rock.~D

aw89
01-08-2005, 20:06
they can build them, its just a bug, so it doesn't show in theyr list.

Es Arkajae
01-08-2005, 21:07
I'm aware of that mate;)

But is there a way to fix the files so that they can build them, afterall the unit should be there for the making it just needs the right tweaking to have it show up in the build que. Somewhere obviously some text has gone awry.

Weirwood
01-08-2005, 21:47
Yes, it can be fixed. Open export_descr_buildings.txt and under the entries for cavalry barracks, you'll find:

recruit "carthaginian medium cavalry" 0 requires factions { ct_carthage, }

change that to

recruit "carthaginian medium cavalry" 0 requires factions { ct_carthage, spain, }

Do something similar with the onager entries and you should be all set.

EDIT: Added a comma after spain.

Arrowhead
01-09-2005, 10:16
Spain seems to be missing longshield cavalry and onagers, at least in my game.

In the custom battle section they have both but lack them in the campaign, this despite them having Warlords Stables which effectively do nothing since the longshields don't show up as buildable units.

I'm assuming this problem has come up before (I looked for a few pages for a thread on the matter and couldn't find one). If so has someone come up with a remedy yet for this problem?, is it as simple as editing a game file like I did to make Spain playable in the first place?, if so which file as I have looked and couldn't be certain which one to edit.

Its the longshields I really miss, roundshilds are passable but longshields would be far better for when I start taking on the civilised factions.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Oh and Bull Warriors rock.~D
They sure do and so do scutarii ( the poor man's legionary)

Es Arkajae
01-10-2005, 00:39
They sure do and so do scutarii ( the poor man's legionary)

Exactly, I was thinking that exact thing the other day, part of the reason I like the Spanish so much now, they can maintain a fair degree of parity with Romes infantry tech developments unlike some other barbarian factions.

And Weirwood thankyou very much for your help. ~:)

LestaT
01-16-2005, 11:32
So far I'm in my middle campaign and when I bribe Numidians army which have LS Cav, then I can use them. But cannot retrain them. So sad.

Haven't had a chance with Onagers yet. Will see when I'm venturing into Italian Peninsula.

~:cheers: