PDA

View Full Version : Finally i introduse myself...

CaeroxVII
01-08-2005, 23:18
I signed up for this forum bout 2 month ago, but i never introdused myself.
I havent posted much, and havent planned to either, but i though i could tell ye all about myself.

Im Norwegian, south in norway, like strat games like (yeah)RTW, AOM, WC3, fps. like Btlfield1942(dont like vietnam)Halflife/counterstrike and rpg(for my gameboy)like golden sun.

In my freetime i play guitar(rock) and play games, paints warhammer(if you know what it is) or study.
I like most rockbands like ACDC, metallica, godsmack, system of a down, the darkness(not really, only song i like is "i believe in a thing called love") and well, some others.

Well, thats the most i can have on my mind about myself right now, so lets get down to the part where you guys wish me luck and hopes for me to post much!!! :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

aw89
01-08-2005, 23:56
Wow, we have a lot in common! Im from Norway to, Trondheim. Didn't buy AOM though (because of cash problems...) i play wc3 quite often and played bf42 before (Vietnam sucks btw). just got CS. (it was in the bundle for my X800pro card) don't got gameboy.

I play bass guitar. do you play magic? I was going to start warhammer (again, cash problems) and im going to school. (wich sucks, the teachers are lame and its all so easy! :book:) i'm not that into those bands, but i like "i believe in a thing called love", great song.

Gregoshi
01-09-2005, 06:52
~:wave:

Hello CaeroxVII. I'm glad you've decided to come out of your shell. I'm not from Norway, but my wife drives a Fjord pickup truck...eh, nevermind, I meant Ford pickup truck.

Anyway, back in my younger days I'd play lots of board wargames. Alas, now they sit on my shelf behind me as I no longer have a whole weekend to devote to playing them. So it is a few computer games for me. Even those I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like. I mostly play strategy type games because I've little skill with the joystick or mouse/keyboard. I my installed titles include the TW games, Gettysburg!/Antietam!, and Railroad Tycoon 3. Although I have poor hand/eye coordination as I mentioned, I do have UT2004, Call of Duty and Doom 3 - they just look too good to pass up.

I love music, but have not one molecule of musical talent in me. Fortunately though, my daughter and son have inherited a lot of musical talent from my wife's side of the family. In fact, earlier this evening my daughter just performed as a lead singer in a Led Zepplin concert put on by the students of our local "School of Rock"*. It was an awesome show and it just amazes me the incredible talent that these teenagers have - all they need is an outlet that gives the kids a chance to learn music and perform for an audience. I'm still pumped up from that show! Anyway, you'll find there are quite a few musician here. Occassionally they'll gather together in a music thread in the Tavern. Keep a look out for them.

Keep on posting. We do want to hear what you have to say about TW games or whatever is on your mind.

* Paul Green's School of Rock: http://www.upstagemagazine.com/articles/getarticle.php?ID=124

CaeroxVII
01-09-2005, 11:08
@aw89: Lol yeha, we do have a lot in common, kinda scary ~:eek: , maybe we could meet in wc3 or cs(source, right?) I dont play magic, not somthing serius, i have a few cards that I sometime plays with my friends...

@Gregoshi: I have played most of the games you mentioned, Railroad tycoon looks pretty kewl, ive only tryed the second one though, UT2004 i have also tryed, its alot like halo, right? I considered buying it but didnt have much money... Call of duty, yeah, its alot like btlfield, havent played it, but thats what i hear, Doom 3, well, only tried that too, dl the demo, looks pretty nice, but didnt buy it...

So youre daughter was the singer? Must have been nice to watch as the father:) and i agree to the fact that they should let the kids perform more and stuff, music is my favorite class but my school only have it half an hour in a week...

:bow:

BalkanTourist
01-09-2005, 14:50
~:wave:

Hello CaeroxVII. I'm glad you've decided to come out of your shell. I'm not from Norway, but my wife drives a Fjord pickup truck...eh, nevermind, I meant Ford pickup truck.

I like your type of humour, Greg ~D
Welcome to the ORG ~:cheers: . You'll find this a great place to learn and have fun, and meet many interesting people and maybe friends.
I am a Bulgarian living in the US. I also play WC3, Brood War, Panzer General and of course the TW series.
I love music, but I am mostly into HOUSE right now, and some people don't consider it music. Well, it works for me. I went to Miami last month and had a blast!!! Unfortunately in America if you like this kind of music you get labeled as gay or a drug adict. I am neither but I am not sure if the music doesn't get me drugged up as I can dance for 13 hours straight providing I drink lots of water.
I also love history and social studies - learning about cultures helps me make friends from all over the world in this great melting pot called the U.S.A. I speak 4 languages , so that helps a lot too.
P.S. I love your sig!

CaeroxVII
01-09-2005, 17:48
I like your type of humour, Greg ~D
Welcome to the ORG ~:cheers: . You'll find this a great place to learn and have fun, and meet many interesting people and maybe friends.
I am a Bulgarian living in the US. I also play WC3, Brood War, Panzer General and of course the TW series.
I love music, but I am mostly into HOUSE right now, and some people don't consider it music. Well, it works for me. I went to Miami last month and had a blast!!! Unfortunately in America if you like this kind of music you get labeled as gay or a drug adict. I am neither but I am not sure if the music doesn't get me drugged up as I can dance for 13 hours straight providing I drink lots of water.
I also love history and social studies - learning about cultures helps me make friends from all over the world in this great melting pot called the U.S.A. I speak 4 languages , so that helps a lot too.
P.S. I love your sig!

So, you also play wc3 XD, this game must be pop for us strat gamers!
Lol 13 hours is a long time, thats like almost the time i stay awake in a weekend(mostly because i wakes at 12), must say im not very into house(mainly because i havent been influensed by that in any way)

Lol, when you guys say "Glad you came out of your shell" and "Welcome to the ORG" it makes me feel like im totally new, well i have been here in 2 month(i mean posting) well anyway tnx for all great replys, glad this aint som kind of a flaming board!! ~D

Gregoshi
01-09-2005, 18:54
CaeroxVII, it was not my intent to make you feel like a new patron. There are many like you who registered, but for whatever reason, don't post or don't post much - they just "lurk". I always like to encourage the lurker to "come out of their shell" and share their thoughts. I wonder sometimes how many interesting tactics, strategies, or experiences are lying unposted in the minds of all the lurkers out there. So when a non-poster decides to open up and post, I think it is a great thing.

As for music, take every opportunity you have to play and perform. I always wondered what it is like to play music and make other happy doing so. It's been kind of a dream of mine that won't ever happen. :sad: But to watch those kids on stage last night and seeing 300-400 people enjoying every note they played and rockin' like it was the real Led Zeppelin on stage, well, it was a thing of beauty. And you have an advantage in playing guitar - a very good instrument for music these days. :guitarist: Enjoy your music!

Edit: BTW, I forgot to mention, my daughter is in a School of Rock ACDC concert in two weeks, where she will not only sing, but play guitar too. Shall I get you a ticket? :laugh4:

Balkan Tourist: four languages? I'm impressed.

Byzantine Prince
01-10-2005, 03:53
LOL, I was a lurker for like a year. I never even posted except for Hellenic Total War mod. But then I bought Rome and I started posting a lot.

Can you beleave 2 and a half weeks ago I only had 27 posts?!!? :dizzy2:

CaeroxVII
01-10-2005, 08:22
@gregoshi: Thanks for conserning about the "newb" problem but it really wasnt a matter, and about the lurkers, yeah, its good when a lurker decides to be a part of the forum, i think i heard that theres more lurkers than actual poster, lol were being watched...

And to the music part, yeah, txn for encouraging me to play, you should really say something similar to your daughter! ~D
So our daughter is going to play in 2 weeks, would love 2 watch ~D

@Byzantine_Prince: LOL yeah, its like that, and if you wouldnt have told me, i wouldnt have believed that 2,5 weeks ago you had 27 posts... ~:eek:

CaeroxVII
01-10-2005, 08:23
@gregoshi: Thanks for conserning about the "newb" problem but it really wasnt a matter, and about the lurkers, yeah, its good when a lurker decides to be a part of the forum, i think i heard that theres more lurkers than actual poster, lol were being watched...

And to the music part, yeah, txn for encouraging me to play, you should really say something similar to your daughter! ~D
So [your] daughter is going to play in 2 weeks, would love 2 watch ~D

@Byzantine_Prince: LOL yeah, its like that, and if you wouldnt have told me, i wouldnt have believed that 2,5 weeks ago you had 27 posts... ~:eek:

:furious3:

Pomerium
01-10-2005, 14:05
There are quite a few lurkers out here. I too just recently joined, been reading as a guest for a long time. RTW pushed me to join. Is me or do I keep hearing fragments of lines from the movie "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum" Greeks, Thrace and Secluids, I hear Zero Mostel like lines before a battle.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and give proof.
And as for music, alas its Classical for me, no skills save for a kazoo!

CaeroxVII
01-10-2005, 15:25
@Pomerium: Hey, i havent watched "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum" but i guess they took most lines from movies, its not easy to come up with your own "inspiring" and "encouraging" lines for a game...
A kazoo is a nice instrument, a tad bit simple but whatever...