PDA

View Full Version : Invalid CD key

Attalus
01-12-2005, 11:23
I get this message when I try to play online...

I'm logged into gamespy, got the relevant updates and patches etc..

Am I doing something wrong?

I launch my game, click Multiplayer...enter my player name, Gamespy INVALID CD KEY. ~:confused:

So I change my CD key (retype the number in my CD case) and again Gamespy INVALID CD KEY. ~:confused:

I didn't know gamespy had my CD key... ~:confused:

Or is someone else using my CD key with a hacked copy? :furious3:

Help please :help:

-Attalus-
Fool me once...shame on you
Fool me twice...prepare to die

Puzz3D
01-12-2005, 17:08
The cd-key is case sensitive, and you include the dashes. Be careful not to mix up "O" and "0", "I" and "1" and "B" and "8", and one player even typed a "1" instead of "f". My cd-key is a little hard to read because the center CD mounting prongs distort the numbers and letters.

There is a small possibility that your cd-key is not in Activision's online database. In that case, I think you have to request an exchange of your game through Activision. It's a pain, but I don't know any other way except try to get an exchange through the retailer where you bought it, and that usually has to be done within 30 days of purchase.

Sid_Quibley
01-12-2005, 19:05
When you say you log in through gamespy I assume you mean gamespy arcade.I would advise anyone not to use gspy arcade interface and use the game interface instead.For mtw a gspy account was necessary but this is not the case for rtw.

If the rtw server is having one of its "dodgy" nights it can return invalid cd key message even if thats not so.I would keep trying and hope you get it sorted.

Also I recall an american guy posting, when rtw was 1st released , that his key was printed in upper case, which he tried for hours to log on by,only to find the input should be lower case.

Im in uk and key is printed lower case as is input.

Attalus
01-13-2005, 08:54
Thanks guys!!

I managed to successfully connect ~:) (using the games' interface ~;) )

Now...I just need someone to talk to...and who wants the fight of their lives!!
:charge: :duel:
-Attalus-
Fool me once...shame on you
Fool me twice...prepare to die